Wednesday 17 July 2013

What Inspires You? (A Few of My Favourite Quotes)

Hey everyone!


There are a few things that inspire and uplift me when I'm feeling down like: music, inspirational speakers, the Bible, influential people and quotes. Today I thought I would share a few of my favourite quotes. I have this journal, that I don't use as a journal because I never really saw the big deal about journalling and writing your thoughts on paper... I always had this saying: Don't write on paper what you don't want read... I suppose the same applies for the internet as well.. Instead of using it as a journal, I write quotes I like and lyrics from songs that have a lot of meaning for me. Basically it's a catch all for every random thing I find interesting.


I think I'll go with 20 quotes... (I have quite a few, and it's hard to narrow them down ha ha)



  1. "Ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks the door will be opened." -Matthew 7:7-8  
  2. "The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keeps out the joy."- Jim Rohn
  3. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."- author unknown (there is a lot of speculation on who made this quote)
  4. "Live as if you'll die today, dream as if you'll live forever."-James Dean
  5. "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."- Bill Wilson
  6. "Prejudices are the chains forged by ignorance to keep men apart."-Marguerite Gardiner
  7. "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it." - William Arthur Ward
  8. "The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." -Oscar Wilde
  9. "Kind words are the music of the world."- F.W. Faber
  10. "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." -Audrey Hepburn
  11. "You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time."- Charles Kettering
  12. "Live in such a way, that if someone should speak badly about you no one would believe it." - Unknown
  13. "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  14. "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
  15. "The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or touched, they must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller
  16. "Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness resides in the soul."- Democritus
  17. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone."-unknown
  18. "Always hope to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith."-unknown
  19. "Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith."-Margaret Shepard
  20. "Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why. Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think."-unknown 

What inspires you??

You should always do what inspires and makes you happy and never let anyone tell you that you can't, my dad always says that the only obstacles we have in life are the ones we create in our own mind. It's hard not to compare yourself to others but there is no race in life, everyone has their own road to follow and their own purpose and the only person we should try to be better than, is the person we were yesterday.



xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment