Thursday 18 July 2013

Crafty Time! The Wonderful World of Cross Stitching!

Hey there!



 I thought I would share with you all another one of my favourite crafty hobbies! I picked up cross stitching not too long after I started doing pixel art, and I ended up liking it a lot more, because the sprites take up almost no space and the colours are much more accessible. (The colours for the sprites are pretty specific and I like to be as accurate as possible, and it's really hard to find the right colour beads without spending an arm and a leg.. I usually had to buy my beads on-line. Thread is much easier to come by; it's a lot cheaper (they are like $.80 or something ridiculously inexpensive along those lines) and comes in a rainbow of different colours and shades. Also the thread I use for cross stitching, is the same I use for embroidery. They roughly take around the same amount of time, because you have to count every space and use the appropriate colour and I usually work on the outline first and then it's easier for me to colour it in. The only problem with cross stitching is if you mess up you have to take all those stitches out and do it over... (which I have done more times than I'd like to remember..) I temporarily gave up cross stitching in January of 2012 when I started embroidery, which is probably my favourite now. (I'll get into that in another post) I'll probably pick it back up again, because it is really fun and it gives me an alternative when I don't feel like sewing plushies.


Mario Bros. 3 is my all time favourite,
 so I stitched the different forms of Mario onto a towel!
This butterfly is so much prettier in person,
it has shimmery filament woven into some of the thread...
This is a work in progress
And of course I had to stitch  some FFVI characters!
This is the first cross stitch I did.
Mr.Saturn from Earthbound.. ZoOm!
Pink Yoshi!
Kirby
I LOVE Gir! (and Zim too haha)
Another work in progress...
If you can't tell it's going to be a Sailor Moon...


That's all for now!
Do you have a favourite hobby or craft you like to do??


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment