Saturday 27 July 2013

Procrastinators Unite! .....Tomorrow.....

Hey there!


Okay I am willingly admitting that I am the queen of procrastination! I was terrible about my school work when I was in school... I tended to leave projects and sometimes homework to the very last second... I find that I still have those bad tendencies and it's especially bad when I'm crafting something for myself... I always seem to get to it when I'm making something for someone else, but when I'm making something just for the sheer fun of it, almost anything can end up making me drop a project for a few days, a week, 3 months or in the case of what I'm about to show you.. OVER 1 year! Yes one year... I like to Google images of cute plushies sometimes if I'm bored or I'm looking for some kind of inspiration... (I like to make my own patterns and create the vision that's inside my head, but sometimes it's fun to make something using a pre-made pattern.. I find it really helps build up my skill level and lets me try out different sewing techniques. I'm self taught in plush making incase anyone was curious or didn't already know...) I came across a cute elephant and I found out that it actually was a pattern by someone on Etsy! I jumped all over it and their shop is called DIYFluffies (http://www.etsy.com/shop/DIYFluffies) I initially bought the elephant pattern but then I saw some other super adorable patterns in the shop, so I got a penguin and a dragon pattern. I made the penguin just because I didn't have any projects in the works at the time and the other two ended up being gifts for a friend of mine's daughter and my cousin's son.. I had forgotten about this shop until about a year ago, I was looking on Google again and I came across a super cute lion! Long story short, I bought it and was super stoked to make it and then something along the way made me put it down.. I'm not exactly sure why I left this half made lion sitting in a drawer for so long, but the other day I finally said that it's time to finish him! I would sometimes take him out and work on him, but not for long and sure enough, he ended up back in said drawer... Anyway I'm really glad I finished him and I think I should start going through my other stuff and see what else I've left unfinished... When I first started crafting, I made it a point to not start something new until what I was working on was finished.. Eventually the list of things I wanted to make was growing bigger and bigger until I threw that rule out the window and worked on whatever I felt like at the time...








He looks so cute and fat! I have him hanging out on the top of my sofa...
He matches the wall..


Are you a procrastinator too??
What is the one thing you have put off for so long that you finally decided to finish?



xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment