Tuesday 30 July 2013

Favourites Of The Month (Part One)

Hey again!


I thought that since the month is nearly over, I would share some of my favourite things! I don't know if I'll be doing this every month or not, but if I decide to I made a list of things that I can go over every month.


So here's the first half of the list (In no particular order, it was just what came to mind first):

  • Song
  • TV Show
  • Food or Snack
  • Make Up
  • Perfume/Body Spray
  • Body 
  • Hair
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes
I probably won't have a favourite of each category every month, but like I said I'm not sold on doing this sort of post every month... I think I'll break it down into 2 parts, so 9 today and 9 tomorrow... Just so this post isn't overly long....Let's get started!


Song

I generally always listen to music, (and all kinds of music) but I haven't really been keeping up with the newer songs these days... I used to watch the top 20 countdown like everyday.... (lol) There are a couple songs I've been listening to this month that I love:

I Can't Love You Back- Easton Corbin 
Catch My Breath- Kelly Clarkson
Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain)- Gary Allan
Bring It- Trapt
Bones- Young Guns
Lift Me Up- Five Finger Death Punch

TV Show

I've been obsessed with Dexter ever since the first episode! I'm so sad that season 8 is the final season, and I have no idea how life will go on once it's all over (Yes over dramatic I know ha ha) Another show I've been watching that is actually brand new is Ray Donovan and I have to admit, the only reason I wanted to watch it in the first place was because Liev Schreiber is starring in it. (MEGA CRUSH!!) Aside from that, I'm really into it and it's really interesting!





Food or Snack

I found this yummy snack laying around in my kitchen at I'd say the beginning of the month and I didn't think I would end up loving it as much as I did! It's an Indian snack (which is nothing new for me) and it's called Masala Chana which is spicy chickpeas. They aren't all that spicy, but they give a nice kick and they are crispy and crunchy and just an awesome snack.


Makeup

I've been keeping my makeup pretty simple this month; some foundation, blush, eyeliner, and mascara. Sometimes I wore eyeshadow and when I did I kept reaching for my Cover Girl trio in Cafe Au Lait, it's my favourite neutral shadow "palette". My go to liner this month was the Essence Kajal Pencil in Black, it's really great for tight lining and for the waterline. It lasts pretty long and for I think $1.99 CAD it was money well spent! Recently I've been using my E.L.F Baked Blush in Passion Pink, and I love it! I've had it for a few months now, but I never really gave it a go until this month. It's a kind of coral pink colour and it stays a lot longer than their regular blushes so big plus there. As far as lips go, I've only been using three products this month, my favourite lipstick which is Nicely Nude by E.L.F and two Essence XXXL Shine Lip Glosses in Nude Candy and Big Night Out. I'm pretty much in love with these lip glosses, they are creamy, they glide on, they stay fairly well and they smell like candy! Last favourite of the makeup category is my E.L.F Eyebrow Kit in Ash and I've loved this since I got it, I've been using the powder side to fill in my brows and I like how it fills them in but leaves them looking natural and not drawn on or too dramatic.





Perfume/Body Spray and Body

I decided to put these two together since I only have one product for both of these categories. First is the body spray I've been using, I have quite a few but I kept finding myself reaching for my Sensuous Escape body spray in Cocoa Butter from Victoria's Secret. I love how fresh it smells and just how summer-y it feels to me. It's a light build-able scent and I love how it lingers in my room after I spray it. I've also been loving my Olay Fresh Moisture Body Wash in Silky Berry. I haven't noticed a difference in how my skin feels (it says it will leave skin more hydrated than regular soap and that it won't dry out your skin) A little goes a long way and it lathers up really well, but what I love most is the berry scent! It lingers for a bit in the washroom, but I don't feel like it sticks to my skin... 


Hair

I've picked up two new items this month that I seriously wish I knew about a long time ago... C'est la vie right....? I have been using the Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum every time I wash my hair and I've noticed a big improvement in the health of my hair, especially my ends. I detest coconut everything, but to me this smells like cotton candy.. (Weird but I'm okay with that ha ha) My ends are much more nourished, and a lot less frizzy and dried out, and my hair is shinier too. For $7 CAD I really couldn't go wrong and I'm glad I finally picked this stuff up! My other wish I knew about this sooner item is my Goody Detangling Brush, and let me just say it was the best ten bucks I've ever spent! I haven't used any other brush or comb since I got this bad boy and I am in LOVE! (I even dedicated an entire post to it!) 



Nail Polish

It was a little hard for me to pick a favourite nail polish, because I'm changing my nails up almost every week and I haven't really been using the same colour twice... I did pick two favourites however because I realized I did use these ones a couple times this month both on my toes and my nails. They are from Pure Ice and the colours I have been loving were Bikini (a powder blue) and Flirt Alert (a hot pink) I can't say enough about these! They are sooooo cheap (Think under $2 CAD) they glide on and stay on all week without a top coat! Plus the colours are so vibrant and gorgeous!


Shoes

I've been pretty boring on the shoe front this month, I have a fairly decent amount of shoes and I haven't been wearing any of them... I've been sticking to my good old black Old Navy Flip Flops and my Chucks this month.. Not much to say about them, I just like them a lot and they're my easy go to shoes.






Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!
What are your favs for the month?


xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment