Sunday 7 July 2013

More Shopping Adventures! (Running Errands)

Hey there!


It was pouring rain all day!! We decided to get some errands done and out of the way with while my hubby is on his days off from work...

Today's shopping adventure took us to Giant Tiger (which is like Big Lots or if you don't know what either of those are, it's like a store that sells overstocked merchandise from places at a discounted price...) we also went to the grocery store (Metro) and 2 Walmarts... (one Walmart didn't have what we were looking for, so we had to go to another one..)

First we went to Giant Tiger, and this was only the third time I've actually been to this store. I like it pretty well they seem to have a decent selection of clothes... I picked up three clothing items: a neon yellow racer back tank top ($3 CAD), a white graphic hi-low tank top($8 CAD), and a pair of bright coral pink leggings.($6 CAD) Then we got a huge fuzzy blanket with Stewie from Family Guy on it (I LOVE Stewie!) ($15 CAD) I know it's weird to think about getting blankets now since it's Summer time, but we're using it as I'm typing this.. It gets pretty cold in our house because our family runs the A/C basically all day and night... Last I picked up some herbal tea from Celestial Seasonings and I got a Fruit Sampler pack. ($2.79 CAD) It has 20 tea bags and 5 different flavours: Raspberry Zinger, Country Peach Passion, Wild Berry Zinger, Black Cherry Berry, and True Blueberry. These are all natural herbal teas, which also means they are caffeine free... (I'm pretty big on the caffeine, but I'm really trying to drink more herbal tea and green tea instead of the gallons of coffee that I usually drink..) I like fruity tea, and thought this would be a good way to try some different kinds out and see what I like without committing to a whole box and then wind up wasting money and being stuck with something I don't like...

Onto the first Walmart! I tried to make that more exciting than it really is... Did it work?? No... okay.. I had to pick up some food items, and some things to make a pot pie (thinking of doing a post on that maybe...) I picked up a green tea with passion fruit in it and I can't wait to try it. Green tea on its own isn't very appealing to me, so hopefully this will be good. I picked up a Wet N' Wild eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells, I know basic right?? I have been wanting this one for a while now and the Walmarts near me have a really poor selection of Wet N' Wild products, the selection at this one however was it's only redeeming quality... I've never seen a more disorganized store and just full of rude, inconsiderate people too! So that was about all from Walmart number one, I went in there with the sole intention of getting food items and the eyeshadow was a last minute thing. 

Next we went to the grocery store and I just got some pastry sheets, to make the crust for the pot pie. My hubby kindly pointed out that the Starbucks Frappuccino Drinks were on sale, so I picked up 2 of them in Vanilla (My Favourite) and one is chilling in the fridge right now just calling my name!

Walmart number two is in the same plaza as our grocery store, and I went there to get a proper dish to bake the pot pie in, and they luckily had the one we were looking for.. (The only one left of course...) I also picked up an Island soda in Banana.. (I'm sort of an impulse buyer, plus I was thirsty when I passed by them) It's a pretty nice drink, not too carbonated and it has a light refreshing taste. Plus they're only $.97 CAD each so why not?? 










That was my incredibly exciting, awesome shopping adventure full of crazy shenanigans!
[Not really... LOL]

Do you enjoy running errands?? (I do)


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment