Saturday 13 July 2013

Nail Polish Fun!

Hey there!

Today's post is going to be short and sweet, because I'm feeling like death (well not really, but I feel pretty icky) I think I may be coming down with a cold... I wanted to make a post still, so I thought I'd share what I did to my nails today! I paint my nails myself; because let's be real here, I'm not about to pay some $15-20 for someone to paint my nails that are just going to chip in a few days anyway... Plus I have a nice little collection of polish to utilize, so why not? My sister likes to do the designs and all that crazy complicated stuff... I normally just go for simplicity, I'll paint my nails one colour and maybe once in a while I'll paint my ring finger a contrasting colour or I'll add glitter on top of the colour.. Today I decided to paint them a mint colour and I added a chunky gold glitter on top of all my nails.. I think it looks pretty cute and it's something different.. The colours I used were: Pure Ice in the colour Homerun and E.L.F. Glitter in Goldstar.. I did 2 coats of the mint polish and then layered the glitter a little at a time and let it dry in between layers, otherwise it would just get pushed around and it wouldn't coat the entire nail properly..








That's all for today!
I hope I'm not catching a cold, because no one wants to get sick ESPECIALLY during Summer time!
Do you like to do your own nails or do you go to the salon?? 
Either way do you like simple styles like I do, or are you more of a design person?


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment