Saturday 2 November 2013

Better Than Scentsy??



The other day I went to Michaels Crafts to look around for some things I needed for my Halloween costume... (I didn't find anything surprisingly....) I did however come across a SUPER CUTE owl that I just HAD to have... (problems.. ha ha) This is no ordinary owl however, it's a wax warmer! The brand is Ashland in case anyone was wondering. (Basically it's a Michael's brand) I love it so far! It's a lot safer than lighting a candle and the scent pay off the wax cubes give is AMAZING! I got 2 packs of cubes to start with, they come in a pack of 6 cubes and the package says to melt 2 at a time. I picked one and my hubby picked the other.. The one I picked  was Red Velvet Cake and let me tell you, it smells EXACTLY like cake!! The one my hubby picked was Pumpkin Spice and it smells like a mix of pumpkin pie and cinnamon.. I melted the Red Velvet Cake twice so far and I love it sooo much! You can smell the scent through the package, and before I even melted the cubes they filled the entire room with the scent of yummy cake... I seriously wanted to eat the wax cubes because they smell that delicious! LOL (I hope this goes without saying, but I refrained from eating the wax ha ha) I am familiar with Scentsy, and with wax melters/warmers, however I've never used Scentsy products and the wax discs my mom used to melt didn't quite give off the same potency as these do... I saw some at Walmart after buying my warmer, and I was underwhelmed with their selection of wax cubes... (Maybe it was just the Walmart I went to.. I'll have to look around and see of there are any good ones out there, considering they are a lot cheaper than the Ashland ones.. $1 CAD vs $5 CAD for the same amount of cubes) I got my warmer for $14 CAD after using a %50 off one regular priced item coupon; I have to say that if you're not signed up with Michael's and you shop there regularly, you really should sign up! They frequently have some decent coupons that you can use and if you have the app on your phone you don't need to worry about printing out anything or finding the email with the coupon! (very convenient) I checked Scentsy's (Canadian) website and their owl warmer goes for $42 CAD, which I think is a little much... Their cubes on the other hand aren't much more than the Ashland ones.. (They go for $6 CAD for a pack of 6 cubes) 



With flash and the lights out
No lights or flash






That's all for today lovelies!


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment