Friday 29 November 2013

Favourites Of The Month! (Part One [November 2013])



I have to say this month just FLEW by! Christmas is coming and I am so excited to put up our tree and to start decorating the house! (I'm also so excited to be going back home for Christmas!) I didn't make a favourites post for September or October, because I didn't really have any favourites for September and Halloween pretty much took up my October ha ha! I decided to bring it back this month, so let's get to it!

Part one of the list:
  • Song
  • TV Show
  • Food or Snack
  • Make up
  • Perfume
  • Body
  • Hair
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes
Song:

This month I have been into listening to Country music something fierce! I absolutely LOVE Country, I grew up listening to it and I don't think my love for it will ever change! I'm into three country albums and one Rock/Alternative album right now. I'm seriously loving all of these albums, and as many times as I listen to them over and over, they only get better!
  • Crash My Party: Luke Bryan
  • Night Train: Jason Aldean
  • Fuse: Keith Urban
  • Baptized: Daughtry 





TV Show

My favourite show this month hands down has been American Horror Story Coven! I LOVE the American Horror Story series and it's like nothing I've ever really seen on TV before. If you're not familiar with this show, it's basically about different types of horror stories: the first season was about a haunted house and ghosts, the second season was about an asylum, serial killers and the supernatural and this season is all about witches, magic and voodoo. The unique part about this show, besides the different stories, is that they use the same cast of people and they play different characters each season. I'm very much into horror, and this show is exactly that! It's so captivating, you can't help but going back for more and it just gets better every season!


Food or Snack

Nothing too exciting here, but I've been loving fruits and almonds this month. I love snacking on them between meals and it's a lot better than grabbing candy or chips or something like that.. I'm trying to eat a little better, so this is a good first step...

Makeup

I usually like to go with bolder/darker eyes and lips during the fall/winter season, but I have been going with a pretty simple look this month (I feel like every time I do one of these posts I always say something along those lines ha ha) I've been doing foundation, setting powder, blush, eyebrows, mascara and eyeliner. The odd time I'll use bronzer, but I'm not a huge fan of it...

The products I've been loving are:
  • Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish 
  • Mirabella Perfecting Powder
  • ELF Blush in Pink Passion
  • Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
  • Chella Hello Beautiful Eyes Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color
  • ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara
  • Starlooks Kohl Eyepencil in Obsidian
  • Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
  • Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
  • ELF Lipstick in Nicely Nude
  • ELF Glitter Gloss in Crystal Cranberry
  • Juice Beauty Lipgloss in Champagne

Perfume

I have 2 favourite perfumes/body sprays this month. Besides the obvious Warm Vanilla Sugar scent that I talk about practically every chance I get, I've been loving Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly scent. It's a musky, warm, and sexy kind of scent and I feel its a perfect fall/winter scent. I've been alternating between these 2 all month long.


Body

I have about 4 favourites this month for the body/skin. Since it's winter and it's getting steadfastly colder and because I have extremely dry skin my favourites are all lotions. I have 2 hand creams and a body lotion and I threw in my lip balm since it fits with the cold weather dry skin remedy. 
  • Nivea Hand Cream 
  • Sea Glow Mineral Hand Cream
  • Garnier Intensive 7 Days Repairing Lotion for extra dry skin
  • Blistex Lip Medix medicated lip balm

Hair

I only have one favourite for hair (besides the Organix Coconut Milk serum that I always talk about ha ha) and it's an item I received in my November Ipsy Glam Bag. It's a hairspray by Tresemme; and it's called Tres Two Spray Extra Firm Hold hairspray with all day humidity resistance. I love Tresemme in general, I use their hairsprays and thermal protect spray, but this is the first time I've tried a hair spray with humidity resistance and I love it! This hair spray is great for keeping my hair looking sleek and keeping everything in place, but the great thing about this hairspray is that it doesn't make my hair feel crunchy and stiff! I will definitely be purchasing the full sized version of this hairspray when my travel size runs out.


Nail Polish

I have 3 nail polish favourites this month; one I already mentioned in my favourites of fall series, and the other 2 I got in my October and November Glam Bags. I tend to gravitate towards rich dark colours and also glitters and golds for this time of the year, and this month I'm loving Cranberry Red, Indigo/Blue and Rose Gold.
  • NYC In A New York Minute: 205 Columbus Circle Crimson
  • Zoya: Neve
  • Nailtini: Champagne



Shoes

Since winter is afoot, (no pun intended ha ha) it tends to get on the freezing side of things here and there isn't much leeway in shoe options... That being said, I've been on the practical and boring side of things and have been wearing my UGG Boots... (Love them or hate them, find them cute or completely hideous, they are very warm and keep my feet nice and toasty and dry from the snow and other winter elements...) Another shoe related and winter related favourite this month (and last month when my hubby got them for me) are my super adorable owl slippers!




That's all for part one! Come back tomorrow for part 2!
What are some of your favourites this month??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment