Wednesday 20 November 2013

DIY Button Tree Christmas Ornament




I bring again another simple, fast, and cute Christmas DIY! This project takes 5 minutes tops and the final result is an adorable Christmas tree! 


Things you'll need:



  • Buttons of various sizes (in greens and browns.. I got my buttons about a year or so ago from Walmart)
  • Thread (I used green embroidery floss)
  • Scissors
  • A needle (I found it was easier to thread the floss through the tiny buttons)
  • Any extras for decoration (I had some stars for the top of the tree and a jingle bell for an extra festive touch.. The stars came from the Dollar Tree in a pack of Christmas beads and I believe the bells came from Walmart.. I got them quite a few years ago)





To start, sort out your buttons by size (biggest to smallest) I used 5 for the tree trunk and 12 for the actual tree portion. Take the thread and match the ends together (don't cut it, you'll be threading the buttons through the 2 sides instead of just one) Now start threading your buttons one at a time working your way to the top. (I added a jingle bell first and then started adding buttons) Once you make your way to the top, you can leave it as is, or add something to the top. I used a yellow star. (It ended up being too big for the thread, so when I put a knot in the top it didn't hold... I was left with a loop, so I looped some ribbon through and strung the star through the ribbon and finished it off with a double knot.)







That's all lovelies!
What is your favourite type of Christmas craft??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment