Sunday 17 November 2013

My Glam Bag Favourites!




I did a post like this about three months ago; and it featured favourites from my May, June, and July Glam bags. This time around I am going to feature favourites from my August, September, and October bags!
I didn't get to try everything from each bag, there are some items I used once and others that I've been continuously using... (I haven't been wearing much makeup lately, so I can't try things out if I'm not wearing makeup for the day..)


Onto my favourite goodies!





August


  • Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
  • Chella: Hello Beautiful Eyes Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow pencil

I am IN LOVE with this facial scrub! Its not harsh on my skin at all and it leaves my face feeling so smooth and clean after using it. It doesn't smell the best, but that can definitely be overlooked since this product has done great things for my skin! It draws out the toxins and impurities from the skin while gently exfoliating and encouraging skin renewal. The full size tube runs for about $18 on the Michael Todd website, you can also purchase it in a skin care set. I will definitely be going for a new skin care routine soon!


I have to admit I never thought this eyebrow pencil would be part of my favourites! When I first received this, I immediately thought that it wasn't going to work for me and it was a waste.. I let it sit in the drawer with my other eye pencils and went on with my other brow items, until one day I decided I would just try it out and see how it went. Turns out that this pencil makes my brows look so good! It isn't too dark at all after I brush it out, which is what I was afraid of initially... (I have stopped colouring my hair and it's starting to get a lot lighter, so if I wanted to continue using Chella, I'd have to get the pencil in blonde...) The down side to that, is the price.. You can buy the kits for $48 and they include: the brow pencil, brow gel, brow highlighter, a sharpener and a guide. The pencil alone is $18, not exactly cheap, but who knows maybe I'll cave and buy it haha!


September

  • Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian
  • Cailyn Tinted Lipbalm in Big Apple

I am starting to really love Starlooks! I have been using this eye pencil every time I put on makeup, it's so smooth and just glides on. It works great in the water line and for tight lining, and it stays in place practically all day. The Kohl Pencils go for $12 each from the Starlooks website and I honestly want them all! (They have 10 colours to choose from) I really should look into getting a Starlooks subscription! (They have monthly boxes in case anyone was interested..)

I'd say this "tinted lip balm" is more of a lip stain, but that's what I love about it! I'm a little intimidated by red lipstick, so this stain its a subtle red that I feel comfortable wearing. These run for $19 each and come in 18 different colours. I would definitely consider buying more of these, you get a good amount of product, it's super pigmented and lasts so long. I'm really glad I was introduced to this brand by Ipsy, because I don't think I would have found it or bought it on my own..


October


  • Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Brush
  • Zoya Nail Polish in Neve
  • Wet N' Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Eyeshadow in Desert Festival

I love this eyeshadow brush from Coastal Scents! It's so dense and fluffy! I love to use it to pack on colour all over my eyelid.(I've even used it for blending out colours..) I've washed this brush a couple times since I received it, and there hasn't been any fall out yet. The best part is this brush is only $2.95! I need to place an order and get me some more amazing brushes! They are so affordable, and are really good quality, they come in sets or separately...

I always get excited when I get a new nail polish in my bag; and I am loving the colour Neve for fall and winter! It's a gorgeous Indigo-Blue, it comes off more blue but there is purple in it as well. I love Zoya's formula, it glides on so smooth you can get by on just one coat and I can wear this polish for a week with out a top coat! These polishes are only $8 a piece, which is cheaper than Essie here in Canada! They come in a rainbow of GORGEOUS colours and different finishes, plus they are toxin free and all natural. IN LOVE!

I only wore these shadows once since acquiring this palette. I wanted to mention it, because Wet N' Wild is just an AMAZING and super affordable brand! To me this is fall in a palette, and I can't wait to wear these beautiful shadows more! As always Wet N' Wild brings highly pigmented, super smooth, velvety shadows that glide on beautifully and blend effortlessly! This palette comes in 4 different colour combinations and runs for $4.00-7.00 each depending on where you get it from. 


 (going from left to right) The first 5 at the top are the Fergie palette, then the tinted lip balm, followed by the eyeliner and the brow pencil..




That's all for today lovelies!!
What were some of your favourite items from past glambags??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment