Wednesday 3 July 2013

Movie Date With My Hubby!

Hey there! 



So my hubby and I went to the theatre at Yorkdale Mall, and we decided to see Monsters University! I loved it! We are big kids at heart, so we still love to go see all the Disney/Pixar movies. We really can't wait to see Despicable Me 2 (unfortunately it isn't out until tomorrow and our next movie is going to be World War Z) We haven't been to the movies in a long time (the last movie we saw was The Dark Knight Rises) until last week, we went and saw The Purge.. I don't recommend it, it wasn't very good.... We like to go on Tuesdays, because its half the price per ticket and since I'm a Scene member I get an extra 10% off tickets and concession items (drinks, candy, popcorn etc.) so we got our tickets, 2 drinks and a regular popcorn all for the price of 2 regular priced movie tickets! (what a steal!) Today I actually cashed in my Scene Points, so we got a free ticket which made the deal that much better! (Scene Points are points you collect by using your Scene Membership Card when you purchase tickets and concession items and its free to join, plus it only costs 1,000 points to get a free movie ticket, which adds up pretty quickly.. Last time we went to the movies I got like 500 points) Any who, If you liked Monsters Inc. you're going to really enjoy Monsters University! I'm not going to go into detail about the movie, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it's a prequel to Monsters Inc. and it's about Mike and Sully during their University days and how they met and how they eventually become Scarers for Monsters Inc. There was an inspiring message that I took away from the movie and it was: no matter what anyone tells you and no matter how much they try to bring you down or tell you that you can't, don't ever give up on your dreams, because if you put your whole heart into it and never give up despite the negativity good things will happen and dreams can and do come true. Also you can be whatever or who ever you want to be, there is no mold or standard that dictates who you are and what you can become and you should never live your life by someone else's standards. Do what makes you happy and what inspires you. It was a really good movie and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD/ Blu Ray... So that was our Date Night! It's a lot of fun to do date nights no matter how long you've been with someone, I really recommend it. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we start to take for granted what we have and how much our significant other means to us, so it's nice to take time for each other and reconnect.



 I did kind of an outfit of the night, but I for the life of me couldn't get a decent full length photo of my outfit lol (I think I should invest in a door mirror) it's nothing too special or fancy: just a leopard print button down top, (from Old Navy) a white cami, (from Sirens) and some dark blue skinnies... (also from Old Navy) I wore simple accessories: black star stud earrings (from Hot Topic) and a gold owl with a black and white chevron print on the belly (from Forever 21) and I took my large Coach wristlet (from the Coach store at the mall) And ofcourse I didn't get a picture of my shoes.... (because I'm so on it like that HA HA) but they were cute nude flats with a buckle on the toe (from Charlotte Russe) [I added a photo of the shoes; it wasn't taken recently, but they are the shoes I wore last night...]














That's all for now!
Have you seen any good movies lately??


xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment