Sunday 21 July 2013

Shopping Adventures! (Inexpensive Make Up Buys!)

Hey everyone!



I went to the drug store yesterday (Here in Canada the drug store is called Shoppers Drug Mart) to get some cough drops and vitamin C, because I was feeling worse than ever.. I remembered that my Shoppers had recently gotten a new display of super affordable cosmetics and I made my hubby take me back today (I'm feeling A LOT better! Still not completely well yet, but way better than yesterday...) so I could pick up some new goodies! I was introduced to this brand first by the drop dead gorgeous Irina from thebeautyvault on YouTube. She is a licensed freelance make up artist and she also has her own website, you can find her at: www.thebeautyvault.ca She is hands down my all time favourite beauty guru on YouTube! She is very thorough and so informative and she uses all kinds of different products, not only high end or MAC like most.. Also she gives you alternatives if you don't have a specific item that she is using.. I love all of her tutorials and her personality is so kick ass! Anyway enough about my mega girl crush LOL the brand I'm talking about is Essence Cosmetics, they have a whole line of products and none of them are over $5 CAD (AMAZING!!) You get a really good bang for your buck and the products I've tried so far are pretty good! Today I picked up five items and I'm going to share them with you and what I think about them (three of the five I've never tried yet)




I picked up:

  • Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris ($3.99)
  • XXXL Shine Lip Gloss in True Love ($2.49)
  • XXXL Shine Lip Gloss in Big Night Out ($2.49)
  • Quattro Eyeshadow in To Die For ($3.99)
  • Quattro Eyeshadow in Sea My Eyes ($3.99)

I have said before that I prefer gel liners to others, because they last so much longer and I feel like they are super easy to work with.. This gel liner is so creamy and smooth and super dark! It's waterproof, which I also prefer, because I find that a lot of the time the liner smudges or sweats off my eyelid... (weird right?) I really can't wait to use this and if it's better than my Maybelline one, then I will definitely be repurchasing this one and using it in the place of my Maybelline liner!




I am loving the XXXL Shine Lip Glosses! I have two already and I just had to get more! I think lip gloss is my second favourite make up product (first has to be eyeshadow) and I never pass up the chance to pick up a new gloss! These are super pigmented, very shiny, not sticky at all and smell like candy!



Speaking of eyeshadow.. I gravitate towards neutrals/golds and blues, greys, and pinks/purples because they really work with my eye colour.. (My eyes are blue in case anyone was wondering) so it's no surprise that I got a neutral eyeshadow quad and a pink and grey quad.. I can't wait to try them out! They seem really pigmented and they are really pretty colours... I guess we'll see when I wear them.


These shadows all have some shimmer in them, so if that isn't your cup of tea you should maybe steer clear... I think they are gorgeous colours and everyone should give them a try!


So far I'm pretty impressed with Essence, their products are so inexpensive you would wonder what the catch is, but I have yet to find one! 





That was today's shopping adventure!!
What is your favourite inexpensive make up brand?
If you've tried Essence, what's your favourite product??



xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment