Thursday 11 July 2013

Summer Essentials Part 7 (My Hair Care Necessities)

Hey there!



Welcome to part seven of my summer essentials series! This is all about my hair.. I have quite a few hair products; but I really try to use as little products as possible, so I bring to you today the ones I use most frequently! (again as stated previously, these are the products I use and what works well for me, you don't need to take my word and buy these things, and if you learn something or take something away from this then great! If not don't worry I'm just sharing what I use... Also there is nothing high end or expensive here, I just buy my items from the drugstore or places like Walmart/Target..) Okay to start I don't wash my hair everyday, I wash it about every three or four days depending on how oily it gets. (that's not to say I only shower every three or four days! I shower everyday, but only wash my hair every three or four days) I don't use dry shampoo, (the ones I have tried do nothing for my hair) instead I like to use baby powder. It does a really good job at absorbing the oils and it gives my hair a little volume too! When I wash my hair I like to change up my products... I have two shampoos and three conditioners that I have been using. I don't normally put conditioner on my scalp, because it will end up making my hair oily faster. I have to use conditioner once in a while though, otherwise I get static-y and I start getting shocked all the time because my scalp and roots will be so dry... (Yet I have oily hair.. how that works I'll never understand....) I also only use shampoo on my scalp, because I feel that the lengths don't need it and I really don't want or need to dry out the ends more than they already are... I like to really saturate my ends with a thick conditioner and leave it in for about five minutes. I rinse with cool water and I put in a leave in serum on the ends and then I usually just let my hair dry naturally. If I'm going out and don't have the time to let my hair dry, I'll use my blow dryer and before any heat touches my hair I always use a heat protector! (VERY VERY important!) and because it gets really humid here, my hair usually turns into a frizz ball (Thanks dad for those genes.... My dad has the most GORGEOUS naturally curly hair and I got my mom's thin straight hair and the frizz from my dad... awesome....) so I like to use a serum for frizz and I use it only in the summer time. Lastly I like to use a detangling spray, because just looking at my hair will turn it into a knotted mess... Let's get to the products!


The products I am currently using are:


  • Head and Shoulders Shampoo in Green Apple 
  • L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repair 5 Shampoo for Damaged Hair
  • Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Conditioner
  • L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repai 5 Replenishing Mask
  • L'Oreal Paris Hair Expretise Arginine Resist x3 Mask
  • Aussie Hair Insurance Split End Protector
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Cream
  • Tresemme Thermal Creations Vitamin Enriched Heat Tamer Spray
  • John Frieda Root Awakening Health Kick Detangling Spray











Those are my Hair Care Essentials for Summer!
Is there a hair care product you can't live without and you think I should try??


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment