Tuesday 2 July 2013

Summer Essentails! All about lips! (Part 4 end)

Hey there!



Welcome back to my Summer Essentials Series! This is the final installment to the Part 4 of my make up essentials. Today is all about my Favourite lip glosses and lipsticks to wear during the Spring and Summer!
 The first make up product I ever wore was lipstick. When I was maybe seven or eight, my Granny used to let my sister and I pick out lipsticks she had and we got to carry them around in our purses and wear them. She had so many pretty colours and in a range of different hues. As I got older I stopped wearing lipsticks and leaned more towards lip gloss, I'd say maybe in the last year or two I made myself get back into wearing lipstick. I definitely have more lip gloss than lipstick in my collection, but I do love them both!


Today I picked out eight lipsticks that I like to switch between and nine lip glosses that I use regularly. I like to layer lipstick and lip gloss together these days, and it's rare for me to wear lipstick alone. I will wear just gloss if I'm lazy or don't feel like lipstick. Let's jump into it!


 First we'll go with lipstick. I'll go in order from which I swatched them. I have three from Wet N' Wild (can you tell that I love this brand yet?? LOL) The colours I use are: 525 D Retro Pink (This is a super bright GORGEOUS fuchsia pink colour) 502 A Dark Pink Frost (This one has a gold shimmer to it and it's not that dark of a lipstick, it's more of a Mauve-y Pink shade) and finally 510 A Light Beige Frost (Not quite sure why this is called beige, since it's not beige at all... It's like a dark coral colour and has gold shimmer in it.) These are all really pretty shades and they are super affordable! Next are two N.Y.C. lipsticks, I'm not sure how much I love N.Y.C. for anything other than their nail polish; but these are fairly decent lip products and again are really affordable. I'm using the colours: 419 English Rose (A super pretty rose pink and this isn't a frosty lipstick, so no glitter) and 413 Rose Gold (This one is a lighter rose pink and has gold shimmer in it) I have one Cover Girl lipstick (that I'm using currently) and it is 390 Sweetheart. (This is a beautiful light pink) Next is an E.L.F. lipstick from their Studio line and it's 6701 Nicely Nude (A pretty pink-y nude colour with some gold in it) I have Natural Nymph; but I feel like that's waaaaaay too nude for my lips, this one is a good nude for me, it adds a hint of colour to my natural lip colour. Last is a Revlon lipstick in 002 Icy Nude and this one is a very light brown nude colour, I like to pop a nude gloss over this one and it looks really pretty. (I go for more pinks and browns/neutrals than the more bold colours... I should probably try to move out of my comfort zone, but it's hard LOL)




Now for the gloss! Like I said before I have nine glosses and I tend to switch them out almost everyday (If of course I'm wearing make up) We'll start with the dark nudes and work our way to the dark pinks. First up is a Wet N' Wild Mega Slicks lip gloss in the shade 568 Bronze Berry and like it`s name sake this is a bronze-y nude colour. It matches my Icy Nude lipstick quite well, as does the next gloss and it is an E.L.F. Mineral Lip Gloss in the shade Au Naturale. This is a lighter bronze nude and it falls more on the gold side than the brown side, but it still pairs up quite nicely with the Icy Nude lipstick. The next gloss is one I received in my May Ipsy Glam Bag and I would say is currently my new favourite! It`s from Juice Beauty, this gloss is organic, and it smells like lemon cake! (so yummy!)  It`s a very sheer and shimmery nude gloss in the shade Champagne. This looks great with anything because it`s so sheer, it just adds the glossy effect with a hint of shimmer. The last two nudes are similar in colour, the only difference (besides the brand) is that one has shimmer and the other does not. The shimmey one is from Wet N`Wild and is from the Mega Slicks line, this is in the shade 563 B Sun Glaze (these last two nude glosses are on the bright pink-y nude side) The other gloss is from Essence it`s the XXXL Shine gloss and is in the shade 19 Nude Candy (again bright pink-y nude, this has no shimmer but it`s super glossy and it smells like candy!! I LOVE ESSENCE!! So affordable, great quality and a good selection!) The next gloss is still a little on the nude side, but it`s definitely more pink than nude. It is also from Essence (the XXXL Shine gloss) and is in the shade Nude Kiss, This gloss has some gold shimmer in it. The next two are definitely pink colours and are from E.L.F. they are in the colours: Inspire (a bright watermelon pink) and Dream (a frosty rose pink with gold shimmer) And finally I have a gloss from Victoria`s Secret from their Beauty Rush line. It`s a Colorshine Gloss in the colour Wonder Melon (and it smells like Watermelon Jolly Ranchers!!) This is the darkest of the pink glosses, but its super sheer and also has gold shimmer in it.





That`s all for the make up portion of my Summer Essential Series!
Hopefully I didn`t bore you all too much!
What is you favourite lipstick or gloss??


xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment