Friday 12 July 2013

My July Ipsy Glam Bag!

Hey there!

It's that time of the month again! (No, ladies I'm not talking about that time of the month, this is a million times better!) I just got my July Glam Bag and this is now my third bag and I'm still very impressed! I feel like a lot of people aren't satisfied with their bags, and I can't see why? If you fill out their questionnaire honestly I feel like you'll be happy every time! So this months theme was Beach Beauty and I got 2 skin products, 2 make up items and a hair item.. I'm super stoked to try all of these out! (It's always like Christmas when I get new things in the mail, and this is so much more exciting than regular mail, because I don't know what I'll be getting..) This months bag was really cute, it's a clear plastic hot neon pink bag. I love these bags almost as much as the products that come in them and they will be so great for traveling! To me this bag and the items just scream Summer and I'm definitely loving it! Okay on enough rambling onto the good stuff!





Items I got this month: 


  • Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray
  • Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush
  • BH Cosmetics Shadow Trio Sample of the California Collection
  • Derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub 
  • Coola Mineral Sunscreen


I have heard so many good things about Big Sexy Hair, but I've never tried any of their products... I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if they are available here?? (They probably are, but I'm pretty non-observant about such things...) I at first glance thought this was a hair spray and I'm pretty sure it is, but the best part is its also a humidity resistant spray! (Thank you Ipsy for knowing me so well! LOL) I can't wait to try this out and see if it can help tame my frizz! It's a travel sized bottle, so it will fit perfectly with my make up since that's where I keep my small hairspray already and it ran out not too long ago.. It's a lot more convenient to have a travel size near by than rummaging through my hair products in a drawer looking for my full sized hair spray... I also love that it has a twist top rather than a cap, because I always lose them or they come off in my suitcase while traveling...




Coral is fast becoming one of my favourite colours especially for the Summer. This Pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush is GORGEOUS! It's a neon coral and it smells minty to me and feels cool on my skin when I tried it out, so I'm  guessing this is supposed to be a sort of lip plumper? This is a retractable crayon and it's so creamy and glides on really smooth, plus I feel it's very build-able. I really can't wait to wear this with simple eye make up, this will make the perfect pop of colour! 




I really wanted to get the California Collection from BH Cosmetics, but was on the fence about which one to get or if I should just get them all! I have the 120 pallets in the 3rd 4th and 5th editions and I like them a lot, they are super pigmented, you get a ton of product, they are silky smooth and they blend really well... I got an eyeshadow trio, and it comes with one eyeshadow from each of the California pallets and it comes in a super cute package. I got a dark purple matte shadow from the Hollywood pallet, a shimmery brown from the San Francisco pallet and a shimmery gold from the Malibu pallet. I was a little disappointed with the purple colour in this trio, because it looks so dark and lovely, and then I swatched it on my hand and it was very light, there was almost no colour payoff... maybe I'll just have to try it out on my lids to see how build-able it is... The other two colours are pretty nice and I'm going to be trying all three of these colours together sometime.. (I feel like they all go pretty well together)




I'm interested in trying out the Derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub, I like that it's all natural, cruelty free, paraben free and 100% vegan. It smells citrus-y and a little on the sweet side and this is a sugar based scrub, so I may end up liking this better than the St. Ives Apricot Scrub I've been using, because this could be more gentle for my skin. I try not to exfoliate my skin that often, because it's pretty dry so I'm probably going to hold off on trying this out for a few days...



Last but not least, I'm hoping this Coola Mineral Sunscreen is really good, because I've been looking for a good face sunscreen. It's SPF 20, unscented, (big plus) has broad spectrum protection and environmental protection, it's organic and is a face moisturizer. I tried this on my hand and it doesn't feel greasy (a HUGE plus) and it feels very creamy and moisturizing. If this turns out to be good and works for my skin, I'll be looking into getting a full sized tube of this...





So that is what I got in my July Glam Bag!
If you haven't already, you should subscribe! It's so worth the money!

If you have a subscription, what did you get in your Glam Bag?



xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment