Thursday 24 December 2015

Homemade Fudge! (Blogmas Day 24)

Merry Christmas Eve! I can't believe that tomorrow is finally Christmas! I love this time of year so much! For Blogmas day 24, I wanted to share one of my all time favorite Christmas treats, fudge! This is a long standing traditional treat in my family, my granny makes her yummy fudge every year without fail, since I was a kid. 

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup Butter
  • 1 5oz. Can Evaporated Milk 
  • 3 Packages (4oz. each) semi sweet chocolate (my granny always used chocolate chips instead of the bakers chocolate, because it melts easier)
  • 1 Jar (7oz.) Marshmallow Creme
  • 1 Cup Walnuts 
  • 1 Tsp. Vanilla

Line a 9 inch pan with foil (we use a nonstick cooking spray on the foil) and set it aside. Take your butter, sugar, and evaporated milk into a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes, or if you have a candy thermometer cook until it reaches 234 degrees Fahrenheit. Still stirring constantly.

Remove it from the heat, and add the marshmallow creme and chocolate until it's completely melted, then add the walnuts and vanilla and mix it all together.

Pour your mixture into your pan and spread it evenly and let it cool completely before cutting it up.

That's all there is to it! 
What's your favorite Christmas treat??
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment