Wednesday 16 December 2015

DIY Monogram Ornaments! (Blogmas Day 16)

Welcome to Blogmas day 16! I'm bringing you all another DIY Christmas ornament! I have 2 to share. The first one is super easy, but looks really cute, and the other one requires a little more effort and skill. My sister and I each made a monogrammed ornament, I made a blingy one, and she made a cute leopard print one. For these ornaments you'll need a few things:

  • Ribbon (any color you choose)
  • Glue/Mod Podge 
  • Bling monogram (any letter you want)
  • Paint (my sister used blue, silver and black, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
  • Dotting tool

For the blingy ornament, you'll want to cut a small amount of ribbon and tie it into a bow. Then you'll adhere the bow to the ornament with some glue or mod podge and let it sit to dry.
Finally take your crystal monogram letter and affix it to your ornament in the desired spot. Simple as that! If you want to make it more sparkly, you can add glitter paint or nail polish inside the ornament, I wanted to do that to mine, but I thought about it too late, and my ribbon was already glued in place, so I wasn't able to take the top off.

To make the leopard print ornament, you'll first add paint to the inside of the ornament to coat the entire inside, then turn it upside down to let the excess drain out.
Next you'll want to put some paint on some card stock, my sister used silver and black. To make the spots take your dotting tool and dab the silver paint in spots to start forming the letter you want to use, and then take the same tool, dip it in the black paint and draw alternating Cs and bracket shapes ( ) around the silver dots you just made to make the spots. Add small black dots around open spaces between the spots to give it a fuller look. 

That's all for day 16 lovelies!
Have you ever made ornaments for your tree?
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment