Thursday 3 December 2015

Favorites Of The Month! (Part One[November 2015] Blogmas Day 3)

Welcome back! Today marks day 3 of blogmas! It's been a long while since I last posted a favorites! (Well over a year...) I felt it was pretty over do, so here are my favorites from November!

If you're new here, or you've forgotten how my favorites go, I like to use a list of all sorts of things that I've been loving for the month and I break that list into 2 parts. 
Today is part one:
  • Song
  • TV Show
  • Food
  • Makeup
  • Perfume
  • Body 
  • Hair Products
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes
Song
One song I've been loving and listening to a lot since their album came out is One Love by Mariana's Trench, their album Astoria is also worth a listen to! Another song I've been loving is I'm Comin' Over by Chris Young. I listen to Spotify almost everyday, so there's quite a few different songs I've been into and listening to lately.


TV Show
I am SOOO late on this one, but one of the shows I've been obsessed with and binge watching is Game of Thrones! I have no idea how I went so long without getting into this show but OMG its amazing!! If you haven't watched it yet you HAVE to! Another show I've been loving and binged watched the entire first season in like a week (no regrets) is one that I've wanted to watch since I saw the promotion for it when it was just starting, but I'm notoriously bad at watching a show every week at a set time.. It's a wonder I've been able to keep up with AHS haha! Anyway the show is called How to Get Away With Murder. It's a drama, about college students who are looking to become lawyers, and their teacher is a cut throat attorney who does whatever it takes to win her cases. I was enthralled instantly with the first episode! It's really good, I highly recommend it! Lastly, because I can't not mention it, is American Horror Story Hotel! To me, this is the best season so far! I love the characters, and the plot twists, the story is just amazing!



Food
My favorite food item from November has to be the sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich from Subway. I have been eating an obscene amount of Subway lately, and I've only been getting that sandwich! I had never been a huge fan of Subway, we normally eat it once in a while, my husband ordered the sandwich but didn't end up eating it, so I decided to eat it for lunch the following day. I'm  pretty hooked now, it's sad ha ha!

Makeup
I wore pretty simple makeup when I wore any in November, there are a couple of items I kept reaching for and have been loving. I've been using Benefit's Porefessional primer and Smash Box Photo Finish primer together and it makes my skin so smooth and my pores practically vanish! I'm using some samples I got from my subscription boxes for now, but I am ready to splurge on the full size items! Since I haven't been wearing too much makeup, I didn't find myself reaching for regular foundation, instead, I've been using an old favorite of mine: L'Oreal Magic Beautifier BB Cream in 810 Fair. This BB cream starts out white and adjusts to your skin tone when you buff it into your skin. I love this particular BB cream, because it gives me more coverage than any other BB cream and it does a great job of smoothing and evening my skin. It lasts all day and I don't have any problems with it oxidizing and turning orange on my face.  I've been loving 2 mascaras: the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black and Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Blackest Black. They both make my lashes super long and voluminous and they don't make my lashes clumpy at all, plus the last all day without flaking or transferring. My last makeup favorite is the Makeup Forever Mist and Fix Setting Spray. I never really thought about using a setting spray, my makeup always stayed for a good amount of time.. How naive I was! I got this spray in one of my subscription boxes, and I left it in my drawer for a while, and one day I just decided to give it a try. I love this stuff! It makes my foundation, blush, bronzer, eyeshadows and powder sit so much nicer and last so much longer! I have now discovered the wonderful world of setting sprays, I must try more!

Perfume
The perfumes I've been using lately are old favorites, but I've only mentioned one of them on my blog so far. Meow by Katy Perry has been a long time favorite for me and it's the perfect sweet candy scent! I love my perfumes more on the sweet and fruity side, I don't much care for strong floral or musky type scents. I do love sweet light florals, and that is what my other favorite perfume is, its called Siren's Call and I bought it from Hot Topic the summer before last. As much as I love the scents of these perfumes, I also love the bottles they come in! (I'm a huge sucker for cute packaging) 

Body
I bought some new skin care items to try out because the ones that I had been using previously were from the Body Shop, and I had purchased them when they were half off. Since they weren't having a sale at the time, I decided to try something new. I got a new cleanser and toner, and I've really been loving them thus far! The cleanser is by Garnier and its called Smoothing Cream Cleanser for Dry Skin. This cleanser has jojoba and macadamia oils and is soap free to gently cleanse skin and restore softness. I pair that with the Nivea Gentle Toner for Dry and Sensitive Skin, which helps tones and soothes skin with natural almond oil and hydra IQ and since there is no alcohol in this, it keeps my skin from feeling really dried out. I love that these products make my skin feel really soft and smooth and I love the scents of these, which is kind of a rare thing for me. Another item I've been loving for my face that I got recently in a Glam Bag, is the Nourish Organic Argan Face Serum with Apricot and Rosehip oils for normal to dry skin. My face drinks this stuff up! I love how soft and hydrated my skin feels and I just love the scent! Definitely something I want to repurchase in the future! My last body favorite, is actually for the body, and its a product that's been kicking around in my washroom for a while and one day I just decided to try it out. Its the St. Ives Apricot Body Scrub. I love the apricot facial scrub from this line, so I don't know what kept me from trying this one out for so long.. It really gets all the dead skin off and makes my skin feel so much softer! Not to mention it keeps my legs smoother for a lot longer!

Hair Products
I'm always on the lookout for new and better hair care products, I take a lot of pride in my hair and I like to try out different products to see what works for my hair the best. When I last got my hair done, the lady who did my hair used this oil at the end to tame the fly-aways and I was in love with the results so much so, that I immediately bought the product she used! It was the Paul Mitchell Smoothing Gloss Drops. The bottle isn't really big, its 100ml or 3.4 fl. oz. but the thing with this oil is you only need the tiniest amount! Literally, I only use one or two drops! That's all I need even though my hair is long. It tames the frizz and adds a glossy shine to my hair. Love love love! Speaking of frizz, the other product I've been loving that eliminates my frizz is an item I got in a top box and I raved about it in that post even though I had only used the product once! It's that awesome! It is the Curl Keeper Leave in Conditioner. It's supposed to soften dry rough hair. You put it in damp hair and then style as usual and OMG this stuff is amazing! It made my hair look like I had flat ironed it, when in reality I just let it air dry! My last hair favorite is another item I got from a subscription box. (A great thing about these boxes is that it allows me to try new products that I wouldn't normally buy or think about trying on my own) Its an argan oil by Marc Anthony. Nothing new and revolutionary, but I really like how the argan oil makes my hair look and feel. I swap it out with my holy grail favorite Organix coconut milk serum.

Nail Polish
I've been reaching for these 2 colors more than any of the others I own because they're the perfect fall and winter colors! The first is called Lexington Lilac by NYC and its a pretty deep lilac purple that is just gorgeous on the nails! The other one is called Zanna by Zoya and its a lovely mauve-y pink color that I am so obsessed with! I want to wear it everytime I do my nails, but I tell myself that I have to change it up because I have a decent amount of nail polish to utilize.

Shoes
The shoes I've been wearing the most since the weather started to change even in the slightest have been my booties! I got these booties back in September with the anticipation of fall, I just had to have them! I've been wearing them more than any of the other shoes I own, I'm even going to be taking them on holiday with me! They're so comfy and have a small heel, so they're quite easy to walk in even for long periods of time. I decided to get them in the cognac color instead of black, because I wanted to jump out of my comfort zone so to speak, and I'm glad I did! They go with almost everything and they really dress up an outfit!

That's it for part one of my November favorites! Stay tuned for part 2 and day 4 of blogmas!
What are some things you've been loving lately??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment