Thursday 15 August 2013

Newest Read! Also My Obsession With A Fictional Character...



Hey there! 


(I've been mega busy and really stressed for the last few days... I decided that instead of boring you all with half hearted posts everyday, I would just blog when something remotely interesting happens in my life..) 



I recently made an order online from Chapters-Indigo (The Canadian equivalent to Borders or Barns and Noble in the US) but I wasn't intentionally ordering anything for myself... I was buying a book that my hubby wanted and since you get free shipping for orders of $25 CAD or more (and also because the book he wanted was nearly $20 CAD already....) I decided to add to my collection and get a book for myself! I was looking around for the first Pretty Little Liars book (Totally OBSESSED with the show!) but their site didn't have the first book.. SO I my addiction kicked in and I knew that I was still missing 2 books from my all time favourite series, and so I got Stolen Prey by John Sandford and now my collection is nearly complete (until he hopefully makes another book, I'm not sure what my life would be like without new adventures featuring Lucas Davenport.. I'm imagining terrible sadness and a gaping hole in my heart that not even Mrs. Field's White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies could fix... (those are my most favourite kind of cookies ever) A million Caramel Macchiatos from Starbucks wouldn't suffice either... Oh yes I am being very over dramatic, but I'm hoping that John Sandford doesn't decide to end this series anytime soon! Especially since my "relationship" with Lucas Davenport (the main character this series is based around) has lasted as long as my actual relationship with my husband (We've been together nearly ten years! That's a long time to be involved with a book series of any kind, and they don't usually last as long as the Prey Series has.. The only other ones that come to mind are Sue Grafton's Alphabet Series (She is on W now which is the same as the Prey Series number 23) and James Patterson's Women's Murder Club Series (which is catching up, I think he's at number 11 or 12 now) I came to that realization earlier as I was remembering the first time I picked up a Prey novel... I have since then slowly collected 22 of the now 23 books in the series (all in paperback, because I don't care much for hardcover books and it really sucks to wait a year after a new novel has been released to get it in paperback....I somehow manage to wait it out though hahaha) If you have never heard of this series or you have but haven't read any of these books.. GO NOW!! I'll take the blame for your new found obsession LOL I'm currently re-reading every book in order since I acquired them and first read them in random order... Well I have to put that on hold until I finish Stolen Prey, because the new books always take first priority, and I couldn't wait to read through all the other books to get to the new one...





My collection.. In order... 22 out of 23 books! I just need to wait for Silken Prey to come out in paperback...






Are there any book series' that you're obsessed with??

Do you think I would be interested in any of your favourite books??





xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment