Saturday 10 August 2013

My August Ipsy Glam Bag!

Hey there!



It's a new month and that means it's time for new goodies! This is now my 4th glam bag and I'm still loving Ipsy! I like most of the items I got this month, and there's one item I was super stoked to get! Let's get to it!









Items I got this month:


  • Chella: Hello Beautiful Eyes Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color
  • Pixi Lash Booster Mascara
  • Noya Cherry Lip Balm
  • Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream
  • Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

I'm less than thrilled with this eyebrow pencil, because it's so dark! I have naturally blonde hair and fair skin, so I'm not exactly sure where Ipsy got the idea of giving me a dark brown colour... I'm not ruling it out entirely though! Maybe if I use a REALLY light hand and brush it out well enough, it may work.. 

Also not too thrilled with this mascara, it smells TERRIBLE to me! Like black licorice.. (shudders) YUCK! Plus it feels really dry and when I tried to wash it off of my hand, it flaked everywhere and was really hard to get off... I'm not sure if I'll be using it or not... who knows....

On a more positive note, I really like this lip balm! (I like lip balm in general and I'm using it all day everyday lol) I've used it a couple times already. It's all natural, organic and kosher, which I thought was pretty cool. It smells like cherry soda (like the black cherry Zevia to me at least) and its really moisturizing and I'll be getting a lot of use out of it!

I was pretty excited to get a BB cream and this is my first product from Pacifica! (the packaging is so pretty!) Most BB creams are too dark or orange for me, but from what I can tell this blends in nicely and should match my skin. It says it has shade matching technology and it's for all skin types, so we'll see how it goes. If this actually works for me, I will be willing to spend the $16 on a full size from their website. (I like wearing lighter makeup during the Summer and if this works its only $8 more than my Maybelline BB cream.. I feel it would be more than worth it!)

Last but not least, I was OVERLY EXCITED for a Michael Todd product!! Everyone and their mom has been RAVING over these products, so I'm really excited to try this out! You get a pretty good size (1 fl oz. or 30 ml) so this is going to last me a long while, which is good because I feel like you have to be able to get more than a couple uses out of a product to decide if you really like it or not.. (I wish the Pacifica BB Cream came in a bigger sample size, oh well!) This is an exfoliating facial scrub for all skin types. I'm not in love with the smell, but I've already used this and I think I really like it! (again it's hard to say after one use)








What did you get this month??


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment