Sunday 30 June 2013

Summer Essentials! Time For Make-up! (Part 4 Continued.....)

Hey there!


Okay, this is the second part of my make up essentials and the continuation of part four to my Summer Essentials Series! As I said in my last post, I decided to break this one down into three parts, and today's post is about the blush, bronzers, eyebrow powder, highlight palette, mascaras and eyeshadows I like to use during the Spring and Summer time. (The reason I mention the Spring time, is because I tend to carry over the products I like to use from Spring into Summer.) I'll break them down by order I put them on my face. (Again I don't always use all these products, it just depends on the day. Also this is what works for me and what I like; I'm not telling you to buy any of these things or that you have to use them, these are just my favourite Summer time products.) Without further adieu, let's jump into the make up!





After I put my Foundation on, I like to do my bronzer and blush (in that order) if I'm wearing either of them on any given day. I have been switching between two bronzers lately, one I like to use all over my face for a sort of sun kissed glow and the other I'll use if I want to sort of contour (I'm not a huge fan of contouring yet, I'm just not used to it and I don't think I'm all that great at it ha ha) The bronzer I use for all over my face is by Rimmel and it comes from the Sun Shimmer line (I have no idea if this was a limited edition or what, because I bought this a while ago) It's a three in one shimmering bronzer in the shade 001 Gold Princess. It's definitely a gold tinted bronzer, it's brighter than my other bronzer and I like the look I get when I lightly dust this all around my face. (on my temples, cheeks, jaw, neck and nose.) It has three different gold shades in it, a light neutral toned gold, a darker gold and a copper-y gold. This has shimmer in it (obviously you can tell from the name) so if you don't like shimmer or have acne prone skin, you may want to try a different bronzer. Next is a bronzer by Wet N' Wild and it is from the Color Icon line. It is in the shade 740 Bikini Contest. This is a darker copper-y brown bronzer, and with a very light hand I like this on my skin for a slight contour.(I really like to keep my make up looking natural, I'm not really into bold looks) Both of these bronzers last all day, and are really pigmented and bright, but only the Wet N' Wild one has SPF in it. (SPF 15) I don't really like a lot of bronzer, because I am so fair too much makes me look either kind of orange or muddy... I currently am only using one blush, and it's from E.L.F. it's in the colour Pink Passion and this is from their Studio line. I love this blush! It's so bright and just a beautiful vibrant pink. I feel like it looks great on my skin and would look nice on any complexion. I've heard this is comparable to Nars Desire; but the staying power on this blush is not very long... Over all I think it's a really great product even if you need to reapply it in the middle of the day, it's super pigmented and it's so affordable at only $3 CAD! Plus I feel like you get a lot of product for the price. (What's there to lose?!) I use E.L.F.'s Studio line Eyebrow Kit in the colour Ash. I use the lighter side when I want a more natural look; my eyebrows are kind of sparse, so just using the powder makes them look fuller but still natural. If I want something a little more dramatic, I'll use both sides for a really defined brow. This was also $3 CAD and I believe it comes in a few other colours. (I use their Eye Brow Gel to set my brows) Randomly, I decided to put my highlight palette in this section... (I probably should have put it somewhere with the eyeshadow but whatever...) I use E.L.F.'s shimmer palette in the colour Sheer/Sunrise. (I'm not sure why I put the name of that, since that is the only colour it comes in...) Again this was $3 CAD and is from their Studio line. It has four shimmer shade in it; a pearl colour, a kind of nude pink, a champagne colour, and a baby doll pink colour. These are very creamy and really bright and I love to pop one of these colours in the corners of my eyes and on my brow bone. It stays pretty long (unless you're like me and inadvertently rub the corners of your eyes...) and again is really worth the price!




Next is the eyeshadow! I have four kind of palettes (2 of them are just trios) one is from Cover Girl and the others are from Wet N' Wild. I am in LOVE with Wet N' Wild shadows!! They are so affordable and soooooo pigmented and they last all day! (I want to own them all ha ha ha! I'm pretty sure my hubby would not be thrilled with that idea!) They are smooth and silky feeling and they glide right on your lids. I find them to be more pigmented than some of the other drugstore brands I own. (like Maybelline and Cover Girl) I am using three palettes from Wet N' Wild: 381B Sweet As Candy (this is a trio and has a cream colour for the brow bone, a dark brown for the crease and a beautiful sort of dusty rose pink for the eyelid) 738 Comfort Zone (this is a six colour palette which I've heard that some of these shadows are comparable to some of the shadows from the Naked palettes and some from M.A.C. this has various neutral tones in it, browns, coppers, some greens and two really dark shimmer colours) 736 Petal Pusher (my favourite of the three! This one is another six colour palette this one has beautiful pinks and purples and two dark shimmer colours. It's such a gorgeous palette! P.S. pinks, purples and neutrals make my blue eyes POP!) Last is the newbie to my collection and it's a trio of neutrals from Cover Girl in the colour 105 Cafe Au Lait. Pretty basic, I love neutrals and I was looking for something really subtle that still looked really nice. This was a completely by chance purchase, it was all alone on a shelf  and I just had to have it! There are three colours: a sort of chocolate-y brown, a taupe, and a egg shell cream. these are not as pigmented as the Wet N' Wild ones, but they are buildable and they are really pretty colours with slight shimmer that just work great together. I'm really glad I found this one and I've been using it quite a lot since I picked it up.





Onto eyeliner! I'm pretty boring with my eyeliner.. I mainly go for black and I really am trying to go outside the standard colours with brighter ones, but I'm pretty lazy and usually just reach for black... Depending on how I feel, and how much time I want to spend on my make up, I'll either use a gel liner or a pencil liner. I prefer the gel liners to all the others, because gel liners last forever, they don't smudge, and they are super pigmented. I'm currently using Maybelline's Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black. (I like my liners to be really dark ha ha ha) It comes in a little pot, but you get so much product! This one has lasted me a really long time... The pencil liner I'm using right now is by Essence and it is a Kajal Pencil in 01 Black. It's a pretty standard black pencil liner, it works great in the water line and for tight lining under the upper lash line, it only costs $1.49 CAD, but this smudges like a mother on my upper lashes.. I'm not sure why, I use an eyeshadow base and all that jazz, but I guess pencil liners just don't like my upper lash line ha ha. I haven't tried locking it in with a black shadow yet, so maybe next time I'll try that and see how it goes.





Last but not least is mascara! I have four, but depending on my mood I'll either use one, two or three. They are all by Maybelline and they are from the Volum' Express line. If I just want something natural and I'm not wearing a lot of makeup, I like to use the Rocket mascara, and I can't remember what colour I got this in and I can't read what it says because the stupid little sticker is so small.... I got this in Waterproof, I like to wear a waterproof mascara especially in the Summer and especially when it's super humid outside. This mascara is pretty awesome and I know there are so many people raving about it, and that's because it's just so amazing! It doesn't clump, you can layer it on and it lasts all day! I didn't find it too much trouble to take it off with my make up remover wipes, so that was a plus. If I'm going for something a little fuller, I like to use the One by One mascara and the Mega Plush mascara. The One by One really does a great job at separating my lashes; and by its self, it's not the best mascara. Paired with the Mega Plush however my lashes look so long and full and they don't get clump-y! I never used to mix my mascaras and the first time I did this combination even my hubby noticed it! (He definitely has no interest in anything related to make up so I thought that was a big win!) If I really want to be dramatic, I'll use those two and pair them with the Colossal Cat Eyes mascara. This one can get kind of clumpy, so I usually just put one layer on... I think next time I'll pair the One by One with the Colossal and see what I get... (they are all in the darkest colour I could find: Very Black and Glam Black and I think the Rocket mascara is in Brown Black.. It comes off a lot more black than brown though....) 








That's it!!
What are your go to Summer make up products? 
Do you like to layer up your lashes with different mascaras too?


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment