Wednesday 19 June 2013

My June Ipsy Glam Bag!

Hello again!

As the title says this post is all about the June Ipsy Glam Bag!

This was my second bag, I'm still pretty new to the whole subscription boxes thing.. I've looked around at a lot of them and decided to give Ipsy a try, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I feel like this was the best bang for my buck (14 bucks to be exact.. $10 +shipping) You get 4-5 deluxe beauty samples, and I feel that some of the products you get are actual full sized cosmetics. No little plastic pouch things here! (Which is why I went with Ipsy instead of Birch Box or Loose Button) I received a Loose Button Box for free a while ago and the only noteworthy thing and the ONLY thing I liked was the Essie Nail Polish I got.. Any way onto the  Glam Bag!

So it comes in a cute hot pink bubble mailer (in case you are new to the whole Glam Bag thing) Which I just love and I honestly look forward to getting my new bag each month! The way Ipsy works is you sign up at their website and there is usually a waiting list, (I was on the waiting list, but not for very long, I'm not sure how they work) you take a style quiz and then put in your credit card info and at the beginning of the month they charge you, and around the second week of the month you get your super adorable bag!

It looks like they go for a theme each month and this months theme was: On The Wild Side. 




This is what it looks like and the products I received, super cute right?! 

The products are:

  • Cailyn Waterproof Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in the colour Iron (I have yet to actually wear this, but it is a beautiful dark gray with some shimmer and boy is it waterproof! I swatched it on my arm to see what it looked like and when I tried to wash it off, it barely budged! I had to use a make-up remover wipe to get it off!) I'm not sure if I would use the brush it comes with because it seems to be too thick...
  • NYX Mosaic Powder in the colour Dare (This is the very first NYX product I own! I was so excited when I saw this, and lets be honest I had NO IDEA what this was hahaha from what I can tell its a blush? I feel like if I used the colours separately, this could be a blush and bronzer...)
  • 2 Items from a brand called J-Cat (I think the packaging is so cute with the cat in their logo! Of course I could just be a crazy cat lady.....) the first item is a pair of falsies, and I don't wear false lashes ever; but these seem pretty and I could use them on a special occasion or something... They say they are made from 100% human hair and they come with a latex free lash glue. The number for these lashes is C32. The second product is a sparkling cream palette in the colour Volta; and I'm feeling pretty mixed on this one... I love glitter and I usually wear shimmery eye shadows; however this stuff is super chunky and it gets EVERYWHERE when you try to remove it... I may try to use this sometime eventually, but it probably won't be until I can figure out where I can go and wear this bold glitter without looking too made up... (Apparently, this is a body glitter palette from what I have seen on Ipsy...)
  • Last up is a Gorgeous Coral Lip Liner from the brand Starlooks (they have their own subscription box and it may be the next one I go for) This is in the colour Tipsy and man it is so vibrant and creamy and I can't wait to use this! It just screams Summer!
Now for some pictures of the above mentioned products:


                                                                     Cailyn Gel Liner


                                                                   NYX Mosaic Powder


                                                                     J.Cat Lashes


  J.Cat Sparkling Cream Palette

Starlooks Lip Liner 

If anyone who is reading this would like swatches, please let me know... I tried to get some photos of swatches, but none of them are worth posting... In my opinion anyway ha ha (FAIL)


That's all for now!

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment