Saturday 22 June 2013

Shopping Adventures!

Hello Again!!

I LOVE to shop! I don't shop as often as I used to, but when I do get the chance to its always a fun time! (for me at least ha ha ha my hubby on the other hand is probably bored out of his mind like 98% of the time) Today's adventure lead us to the Yorkdale Mall and to Walmart. I love Walmart; not as much as Target, but I still love it quite a lot... Canada is new to the world of Target, this girl however is not, so when I found out last year that we were getting some Target stores around Ontario I was so stoked! Lame I know, but I don't care! There are only a few that are actually open right now, so we still do a lot of our shopping at Walmart. Any way on to the shopping, we went to the mall because Bath and Body Works is having their semi annual sale, and there was a candle I saw when we went shopping at Square One last Saturday that I should have gotten, but didn't, because lets face it I really didn't want to wait around in a HUGE line in a hot store for only one candle... This time around it was much less crowded and I tend to prefer my B&BW to other ones, because I know it well and I shop there the most. I picked up one candle and two hand soaps. (I have a small collection of both, however I haven't gotten any new soaps since Winter time and my supply is starting to dwindle...) I generally only buy soaps when they're on sale... (the buy 5 for $20 or whatever it is.) I feel that is a really good deal, considering each soap is regularly $5.50 CAD and that way I have a small stock pile of wonderful amazing smelling soaps to get me through to the next sale. Today their soaps were $3 CAD each, so I picked up my all time favourite, Peach Bellini and a new scent (to me at least) Vanilla Berry Sorbet. Both smell soooooooooooooo delicious! The candle I picked up was Mint Chocolate, and man let me tell you, it smells EXACTLY like mint chocolate chip ice cream! (Which happens to be my most favourite ice cream flavour ever!) They were having a 50% off on all the three wicked candles, which I usually never buy because they are normally ridiculously priced at around $22.50 CAD each. (I'd much rather get six of the small candles for nearly the same price) This scent however completely sold me (and also the fact that it was half off ha ha) and it is now the biggest candle in my small collection and I can't wait to burn it later!













Onto Walmart... Nothing too exciting... I needed some toothpaste, body wash, and sunscreen. I stopped by the make up aisle (no surprise there, of course my hubby HATES when I go down there because he's always so bored waiting around for me ha ha ha) I wasn't too excited about the selection my Walmart had, they usually don't have the best selection of products and lately I've been into getting Wet N' Wild products and other lower priced cosmetics (and FYI more expensive doesn't always mean better quality!) usually there is next to nothing on that end or I already have most of the good products they do have.. Instead I picked up four nail polishes for my ever growing nail polish collection... (I  see a trend going here with the whole "collecting" thing...HA HA) [problems....] Two are from N.Y.C. I LOVE this brand! They are normally 2 for $3 or $1.77 each, they come in a variety of gorgeous colours, and the "In A New York Minute" collection is my favourite, because they are super fast drying! (which is a big bonus for me because I tend to ruin my polish before it dries and then I either take it off, leave it as is or start all over again...... HUGE HEADACHE!!!) The colours I picked were: 242 Uptown, a nice shimmery bubble gum pink colour and 294 Lexington Yellow, A bright neon yellow (My hubby suggested I get yellow, so I went for a bright one!) I didn't own any yellow polishes until now... Next, I got a super hot pink colour from the brand Pure Ice in the colour 617 CP Flirt Alert. For the price ($1.97 CAD) Pure Ice is a pretty decent brand. They come in a rainbow of colours and they are really vibrant, they last pretty long without chipping and of course they are really affordable. I think this is the fourth one I now own. The only down side is that they can be streaky, so you have to apply thin layers and slowly build up the colour you want. Last but not least I picked out a Maybelline Color Show nail polish in the colour 190 Coral Crush (like I need any more pink polish right??) I recently picked up a neon coral polish from N.Y.C. but it was more on the orange side than the pink side, which is one reason I picked this one. 



This is the stuff I bought. PS that sunscreen is my new favourite! 



294 Lexington Yellow, 617 CP Flirt Alert & 242 Uptown



190 Coral Crush (I feel like this photo didn't do the colour justice...)




That was my shopping adventure! Did you buy awesome or not so awesome stuff lately??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment