Thursday 27 June 2013

Summer Essentials! A Rainbow of Nail Polish! (Part 3)

Hi all!


This is part three of my Summer Essentials Series and today's post is all about nail polish! I started collecting nail polish I would say maybe two years ago? I would pick up a colour I liked here and there and it sort of grew from there! The only way my nails will grow out is if I have some sort of polish on them, other wise they break or chip or flake and it's really annoying.... I tend to go for bright colours during the Summer (no brainer right?? well I used to wear any colour anytime...) which you can do, but I feel like bright colours just add to the Summer feeling! I have a rainbow of colours that I like to wear from Spring through Summer and I like to mix and match my fingers to my toes (sometimes they'll match and other times they will be completely different) Whatever I'm in the mood for when I get to painting my nails is what I'll do. I have twenty four... Yes that's right twenty four nail polishes that I like to wear between Spring and Summer... To save time and your eyes from falling out of your head trying to read what very well could be a small book, I'm just going to list the brands, colour names and what colour they are and post a few photos so you can get the idea of what they look like. I swatched all of the colours onto a piece of white paper so you can see the actual polish. (I figured that would be helpful somehow....) I get all of my nail polish from the drugstore or places like Walmart... There is one that I received in my May Ipsy Bag, and one that I got in a Loose Button Box, other than that they are all affordable and are pretty good products in my opinion.


Let's get started!

(I will post the brand, then the colour name, and lastly the colour it looks like to me)

  •  Wet N' Wild- 414A Red- bright red
  • NYC-224 Times Square- this is a neon coral colour more on the orange side
  • Pure Ice-617 Flirt Alert- hot pink
  • Maybelline Color Show- 190 Coral Crush- this is a bright coral colour more on the pink side 
  • Essie- Lights- neon pink  (I got this in a Loose Button Box)
  • Wet N' Wild- C420B- bright shimmery pink 
  • Pure Ice- 796 Peony- bright Barbie pink 
  • NYC- 238 MoMa - a magenta colour however, I feel like it comes off more pink on the nails
  • Revlon-185 Lilac Pastelle- very light shimmery baby doll pink colour 
  • Sally Hansen (Diamond Strength)- 260 Pulled Sugar- a pearl colour with a hint of pink and it is a very shimmery polish (I mainly use this to put on top of pink polishes for some glitter)
  • NYC- 294 Lexington Yellow- neon yellow
  • Sally Hansen (Insta-Dri)- 450 Lickety-Split Lime- neon lime green 
  • Maybelline Color Show- 965 Urban Utopia- I thought this was more like a turquoise colour, but it seems more on the green side than blue when it's on your nails...
  • NYC- 206 East Village- Shimmery blue-green 
  • Pure Ice- 277 Home Run- mint
  • Zoya- Neely- lighter mint (I got this in my May Ipsy Galm Bag)
  • NYC- 296- Water Street Blue- bright teal- blue
  • Revlon- 092- Blue Lagoon- very light shimmery robin's egg blue
  • Pure Ice- 273 Bikini- powder blue 
  • NYC- 247 Prince Street- medium purple with a slight shimmer (although you can build it to a dark purple by layering it)
  • Sally Hansen (Complete Salon Manicure)- 409 Good to Grape- plum purple 
  • Pure Ice- 279 Jail Bait- dark grape purple
  • Sally Hansen (Gem Crush)- 07 Lady Luck- magenta coloured base with chunky multi-coloured glitter
  • NYC- 276 Big City Dazzle- multi-coloured glitter

        











Swatches of each colour in the order on the list 


That's all! I hope that wasn't too long ha ha!
What is your go to Summer polish??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment