Wednesday 26 June 2013

Summer Essentials! Must Have Summer Scents! (Part 2)

Hey there!


Welcome to part two of my Summer Essentials mini series, today I am going to share my must have scents for the Summer!


I have a pretty decent sized collection of body sprays (mostly from Victoria's Secret) and I have a few perfumes as well, but I can't tolerate strong scents... (I have an allergy to some perfumes, I get a terrible headache and I can't breathe too well... It sucks but what can I do right?) I prefer body sprays to perfumes anyway; they're way cheaper, you can layer the scent with lotions and body washes and you don't have to worry about putting on too much, because the scents are usually pretty subtle. I've never been a signature scent kind of girl, if I wear a scent for too long or too often I tend to get bored of it and it doesn't smell the same to me any more. I have always had some sort of Vanilla scent in my collection though, because it's my all time favourite scent to wear. Summer to me is all about fruity and tropical scents, but I always have my Vanilla scent ready to go all year round because like I said it's my all time favourite scent and I just love it so much. Any way on to my top favourites for the Summer! (I have narrowed it down to ten....)



Since I already mentioned Vanilla let's start with that. Right now I have Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works. It smells just like its name sake and I love it! I had a favourite Vanilla scent from B&BW back in 2007 called Fresh Vanilla; that one was a pure and fresh Vanilla scent, and the one I have currently is more warm and sugar-y smelling. Unfortunately they discontinued my favourite scent and to buy it online now costs quite a lot. [insert sad face] I hope one day they will bring it back along with Tangerine Spice; that was my very first B&BW scent that my mom bought me when I was in 6th or 7th grade and it started my love of body sprays.
My travel sized Warm Vanilla Sugar next to what very little Fresh Vanilla that I have left

The next scent I love and is like summer in a bottle (to me at least) it is a Tropical scent and it's from Victoria's Secret. It's called Cocoa Butter and it is a Sensuous Escape Deep Nourishing Body Mist. I feel like Cocoa Butter, Shea, and Coconut are all very Summer-y scents and are basically what Summer would smell like if you could make the season into a scent. 




This next one is a warm floral and fruity scent, that I believe first came out in the Winter time, but I just love the fruity scent it gives off that I will be using it this Summer! The scent is  Be Enchanted from Bath and Body Works. It has a berry scent to it with a warm sugar-y after note and I just love it, I originally bought this scent for my mom for her birthday when it came out and I tried it one day after I gave it to her and loved it! Naturally I had to add it to my collection! 




Those were my warmer scented body sprays, now onto the tropical floral and fruity scents! The first is a Victoria's Secret scent and is called Endless Love; this scent has apple blossom and ylang ylang in it. It has a light fresh fruity scent to it, and doesn't have an overpowering floral smell; (I find that some floral scents are too overpowering and they cover up any other scent in the body spray) this is one that I picked up more recently, so I haven't worn it too much. I feel like I've had this scent in my collection before, because it smells so familiar. (I don't think it was from Victoria's Secret though...) I like this as a daytime scent, where as the other ones I mentioned I tend to wear both day and night.




Next is another VS scent and I believe this one was a limited edition one so I can't tell you exactly what notes it has, but to me it smells like tropical flowers and hints of pineapple, mango and maybe strawberry or guava... The scent is from the Aloha Pink collection and is called Tropical and Juicy. Again this is more of a scent I would wear for the day time, it's a really nice balance of floral and fruity and isn't overpowering when you spray it on.




Bombshell by Victoria's Secret is probably my all time second favourite scent, I loved it so much I got the Summer Edition Scent! The original Bombshell has a blend of purple passion fruit, Shangri-la yellow peony and vanilla orchid. The Summer Edition scent seems to have been a limited edition, so I'm not sure what the notes are exactly, to me it's pretty similar to the original, and the only real difference is that it has a citrus-y kick to it. Which is what makes it a Summer scent compared to the original, but I still wear the original because it has good Summer memories attached to it and I first picked it up during one Summer.




I have another Pink scent, this one is from the Pink with a splash collection and it is in the scent Sweet and Flirty. This one has sugar berry and pink grapefruit, and it smells so delicious! This scent is perfect for Summer, and it also has some pretty awesome memories of Summer's past connected to it, which besides its yummy berry scent is another reason why I love it.




I have a scent that I normally wear in the Spring time, but it some how became a Summer favourite as well. It is Cucumber Melon from Bath and Body Works. This scent is so fresh and clean smelling, and it has a light melon scent with the clean fresh kick of cucumber and I love it for Spring time, although I've started wearing this in the Summer when I don't feel like wearing a lot of fragrance but still want a fresh scent. (If that makes any kind of sense at all ha ha ha) I also love this scent in the anti bacterial hand soap, because it just smells so clean. At first, I would have never thought of pairing cucumbers with melon, but it combines together quite beautifully and makes a delicate yummy scent!





Last but certainly not least is my current favourite from Victoria's Secret (I may like this even more than Bombshell) and that of course is Mango Temptation! I have every product this scent comes in and I am OBSESSED with it! It has mango nectar and hibiscus; which makes it a floral fruity scent, although to me all I smell is the fruity goodness of the mango and I honestly can't get enough! If I had to pick only one scent to wear this Summer, my pick hands down would be this! I am currently on my second bottle and the other one I only got maybe two Summers ago.. It's AMAZING!!






OKAY! I think I got them all! ha ha ha sorry if this was ridiculously long and you're now looking at me like "why the heck does she need ALL of those scents for three months of Summer?!" I just love to mix it up and use different scents depending on my mood.


What's your favourite Summer time scent that you can't go without??

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment