Friday 6 December 2013

Travel Series! (Essentials/Tips/Tricks)



I wanted to bring to you all a travel series; that you may or may not find helpful/interesting, since I will be going on my Christmas Holiday fairly soon! I'm going to share with you some of my tips and tricks and also things that I find are essential when planning and travelling somewhere.


Today I'm going to talk about luggage... 


I prefer to check my bags when ever possible, even though the airline I frequent has started charging for checked baggage... If you are going to be travelling for a long period of time, like I often do, then you'll probably need to pack quite a bit and checking your bags is definitely the way to go!

I always try to limit the number of bags I take, (because of baggage fees and I hate lugging around a bunch of stuff....) so I usually just use one big suitcase. For my carry on bag (which is definitely essential ESPECIALLY for long flights! What I carry on the plane will be in another post, so stay tuned!) I usually take a large tote, or my backpack. (Although this time around I may just use my purse, I haven't decided 100% yet...) As for checked luggage, I really suggest getting ANYTHING besides basic black! I realize that black is a classic and timeless/elegant look all around for any type of bag/luggage, but I'm telling you now that you'll be spending all your time at baggage claim squinting at every  luggage tag trying to discern what bag is yours out of the sea of similar black luggage... I go for a pattern or print that stands out, so you know as soon as that bag hits the belt that it's yours. If you already have luggage and it's black, I recommend tying a bright coloured ribbon or even a shoelace with a funky pattern on it to make spotting your bags a little easier. Also somewhere on your bag (preferably inside) you should have a tag or something with:

  • Your Name
  • Home and Cell Phone Number
  • E-mail
  • Home Address
  • Temporary Address
  • Phone Number at your temporary location
The airline I fly with has a paper you can print and fill out to place in your bag. This is just in case your luggage somehow gets lost... Better safe than sorry!

Whether checking in or carrying on your baggage, you should be aware of the restrictions of items and the quantities you are allowed in your bags. Knowing things like that saves a lot of time and trouble when going through security and it saves TSA the time and trouble of having to go through your things... Let's prevent causing any problems for ourselves, since we all know how hectic and stressful travelling is in general!


This is one of my new luggage pieces... Even though it's essentially black, it has an eye catching pattern so it should be quite easy to spot... I hope I remember that I'm using this one and not my hideous old yellow and brown patterned one that I usually take... ha ha!



That's all for today lovelies!
Stay tuned for some more tips/tricks/essentials!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment