Monday 16 December 2013

DIY Christmas Decoration



Here's a quick and simple DIY that you can do to add a little more Christmas flair to a simple string of Christmas lights!


You will need:


  • A string of lights (I have the multi coloured ones)
  • Garland (I suggest getting 2 or 3 sets of the 18 or 15 ft strings or you may end up short... I chose red, but you can do any colour and even multi colour)
  • Some hooks to hang your lights (I love the 3M Command Hooks, they really hold up and they don't damage the walls! Perfect in general for anyone who doesn't want to put holes in the walls and also for apartments!)
(Everything was purchased from Walmart)




All you have to do it wrap the garland around the string of lights, leaving the bulbs exposed and then hang them where ever you wish!


I hung my lights around my mirror in our "living room" area (it's like our second living room, that my hubby and I spend most of our time in.. Since the Christmas tree is put up in the actual living room, I kind of wanted to add some Christmas feeling to this room. We're thinking about getting a smaller tree for this room, perhaps we'll get a small tree for cheap after Christmas to put up next year...)




That's all for today lovelies!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment