Friday 13 December 2013

Travel Series Part 3! (Tips/Tricks/Essentials)

I'm bringing you a quick packing tip today! This one is specifically about toiletries.. This will be the first time I'll be using travel sized containers, I usually just carry my full sized products.. The only problem with this, is I usually end up having to pay an overweight fee on the way back! (buying things contributes to that also ha ha) Also I realize that I don't really need the full sized product even when I'm away for long periods of time. A plus about these bottles are that they take up little to no space and they hold quite a bit of product. (177 ml or 6 oz. The only down fall is you can't put these in your carry on... It's no matter to me because these are going into my checked luggage.)  I picked up some travel sized bottles from Target, and I'm going to be putting my shampoo & conditioner (I have a 2 in 1 that I want to use up, plus my hair mask/ conditioner is in a jar so I'll just be taking the whole thing with me), body wash and lotion in them..



After you've decided what to put in your travel containers, you'll need a few things:

  • Toiletries and bottles (obviously)
  • Plastic wrap
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Sharpie





I washed my little bottles out first...


Next I filled my bottle to the top (I'll be using it after I get back, it's more convenient and it turns out the last of my body wash filled the travel bottle...) 



I then cut a piece of the plastic wrap and placed it on the opening of the bottle and screwed the cap on



This keeps the liquid in and saves you from having to potentially clean up a mess in your luggage when you get to your destination... That happened to me 2 summers ago when we went to Denver... We got to our hotel and I opened my suitcase to find half of my Tresemme thermal spray poured out in my bag... Let's avoid any more situations like that!

I got three different colours so I would know which is which, but I still added some tape to the front of the bottle and wrote in sharpie what's inside to make things a little easier.





That's all for today's tip!

xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment