Saturday 14 December 2013

Make Up Buy! (The Body Shop)



I thought I would branch out a bit and try some new make up! I saw that The Body Shop was having a 50% sale and I've been wanting to try some of their products for a while now... I feel like their products are on the more expensive side, and I haven't decided if they're really worth the price... I got 4 items to try out and I've used a couple of them maybe twice since I got them, so I can't really say how much I like or dislike them yet. I can say that I probably wouldn't have bought these had they not been on sale...



The items I picked were:
  1. Skin Primer Moisture It
  2. All in One BB Cream in 00 lightest skin tones
  3. All in One Cheek Colour in 06 Guava
  4. Colourglide Shine Lip Colour in 01 Cheeky Coral

I'm liking this primer so far, it doesn't make my skin feel greasy the way my Hard Candy primer does. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and even and paired with my Garnier moisturizer, this keeps my skin feeling hydrated. This is normally $15 CAD.


I've only used the all in one BB Cream once.. I can't say whether I like it or not yet, but I don't dislike it.. (If that makes any sense!) I only wore it for a couple hours, and it didn't seem to make my skin orange, the down fall to this, is I believe it has glitter in it? (Or it could have been remnants of glitter from Christmas decorations I'll have to wear it again to be sure...) Another down fall to this product for me is the $20.00 price tag... I was able to grab this at half price, but given the oppourtunity to purchase this again, I definitely wouldn't get it at full price... My current favourite BB Cream (the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier in 810 Fair) is about $15 CAD...


I LOVE this blush! It's so pigmented and it lasts all day! I usually go for my ELF blush in Pink Passion, but since I got this blush I've only been using it! I love the fact that these products are made with natural ingredients and aren't tested on animals! This goes for $16 CAD regularly.



I'm not super impressed with this lipstick... It could be because its a shine lip colour... It swatches quite nicely, however it doesn't translate well on my lips. I use it on top of my Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon and it makes the colour pop and makes it look sparkly. If I try more of their lip products in the future I'll have to look into their regular lipsticks.. The lipstick I picked goes for $12.50 CAD.


On the left is the BB Cream and on the right is the primer

On the left is the blush and on the right is the lipstick.



I thought it would be interesting to try something new and I got all these items for half off, so I felt like I couldn't lose! ha ha!

That's all for today lovelies!
Have you ever tried anything from The Body Shop?

xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment