Sunday 15 September 2013

Shopping Adventures! (Inexpensive Makeup Buy! Small Essence CosmeticsHaul)

Hey again!


I have to say that Essence Cosmetics is steadfastly becoming my favourite inexpensive drug store brand! (I still love you Wet N' Wild!) ha ha ha! I had to mail something out the other day and our post office is inside the Shoppers Drug Mart.. Which if you're like me and tend to buy on impulse, it could be a bad thing! (LOL) I picked up seven items from the recently restocked Essence display and everything cost me under $25 CAD! Pretty good deal especially since Shoppers tends to run on the more expensive side... (The L'oreal BB Cream I wrote about in a recent post costs almost $20 CAD at shoppers! Glad I picked mine up from Walmart...) I really can't say enough about this brand! It's so affordable, there's a decent variety of products and colours, everything is so pigmented, long lasting and it's all good quality. (well everything I've gotten so far that is!) 


This time around I bought:


  • Colour and Go Nail Polish in 108 Ultimate Pink ($1.99CAD)
  • Colour and Go Nail Polish in 109 Off To Miami ($1.99 CAD)
  • Eyebrow Designer in 04 Blonde ($1.99CAD)
  • Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder for Blondes (lighter skin) in 01 Natural ($4.99CAD)
  • 3D Eyeshadow in 03 Irresistible First Love ($3.49CAD)
  • 3D Eyeshadow in 04 Irresistible Caramel Cream ($3.49CAD)
  • 3D Eyeshadow in 06 Irresistible Mermaid Kiss ($3.49CAD)
My total with taxes and the cost of a plastic bag: $24.27 CAD


I have two other colour and go polishes already and I have to say they are very opaque, vibrant, fast drying and are all around good quality. My polish lasted about a week without chipping and I didn't use a base or top coat... (I ALWAYS forget to use them...) 


I'm always looking for new brow products, I hope this pencil works well for me.


I've heard a lot of good things about this bronzer and since it's made for lighter skin tones I really hope this will give me a glow instead of looking orange or muddy... I've almost given up on bronzer, hopefully this will change my mind! (It smells like coconut, I don't really care for coconut.. Hopefully the fragrance isn't too strong when I put this on..)




Of course when I picked out these eyeshadow duos I went for the neutral colours and the pink and silver colours..(I just can't seem to get outside my comfortable little box ha ha) This teal duo on the other hand, is completely out of left field for me! I saw it and put it back and then ended up getting anyway because it practically jumped off the shelf and into my hand and said BUY ME! (LOL) These are all super pigmented, very pretty, and very shimmery (VERY shimmery!) the package says to try them wet for a more intense
effect, I can't wait to try them out!





That's all for today lovelies!


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment