Friday 6 September 2013

Excited For Fall! (Small Makeup Haul)

Hello again!


I just wanted to share a couple of new goodies I've acquired! I am SO excited for fall and I've been gravitating towards darker shades of different colours.. I picked up 2 items from Target last night and 1 item from Walmart the other day.. I am all for clearance and sale items, especially when it comes to cosmetics! (Makeup seems to be more expensive here in Canada as opposed to back home...) I just happened to come across a very picked over clearance section in cosmetics at Target yesterday and managed to find a couple gems! First a lipstick by L'oreal Paris from their colour riche line in the shade 760 Sliverstone. This is a very shimmery coppery brown colour (I like the glitter, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea) it's very smooth and not sticky at all.. It smells like candy which is fine for me but again I know not everyone loves that.. It looks a lot darker in the tube than on the lips or swatched on the hand. I love neutrals all year round, but I really love them for fall! I saw this lipstick and was instantly drawn to it (the price was also what sold me on it!) This lipstick retails for about $9 or $10 CAD and I scored this bad boy for only $2.69! *happy dance* (LOL) My next steal retails for about $9 CAD and I got it for $2.18! It is an eyeshadow duo by Sonia Kashuk in the colour Love Affair. These are very silky and highly pigmented shadows and ofcourse my love for neutrals will keep me buying every shade I can get my hands on! (my hubby keeps telling me they all look the same to him ha ha I guess it's a girl thing?) There is a taupe-y brown and a mauve pink-y brown. I can't wait to try them out! My last item came from Walmart and it doesn't really fall under the category of fall makeup, but I had to share it anyway! I picked up the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in the lightest shade available: 810 Fair.. As you may know I am VERY fair and it can be difficult to find a foundation/BB cream that matches my skin tone and doesn't turn my face completely orange... This BB cream, however I can confidently say is my new favourite! (Sorry Maybelline!) I wore it ONCE and I am head over heels in LOVE! I was taken a back by this at first, because when I tested it in the store it came out white! I thought I might have picked up a primer by mistake but no! This BB cream has "beautifying beads" which are encapsulated pigments that transforms instantly to your perfect shade and matches your skin tone for the look of flawless bare skin. It is supposed to Prime, Perfect, Hydrate and Correct. I feel like even though this is a BB cream, it gives a decent amount of coverage.. (It puts me off when people complain about BB creams not having a lot of coverage.. They aren't supposed to! It's supposed to be your skin only a little better, which may seem pointless to some but I love it!) so far it's lasted the whole day, I didn't notice any oxidization or rub off and I didn't use a primer or any powder.. (I got this on sale for $9 CAD original price is $13)



I'm only wearing the BB cream and some blush on my face.. LOVE!
Up top is the Colour Riche Lipstick and on the bottom is the eyeshadow duo (the lighting is bad)
This is what the BB cream looks like right out of the tube







That's all for today my lovelies!


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment