Friday 2 May 2014

Mini Favourites Of The Month! (April 2014)

It's hard to believe that May is here already! Time is sure flying these days.. I have a few favourites this month, because I've really been trying to use new and different products. I plan on continuing to do so in the month of May, so stay tuned for a few more hauls! I also want to start doing reviews and I have one planned out already.

On to my favourites from April!


First the non-beauty/makeup related items:

  • Second Chance by James Patterson (Women's Murder Club Series)
  • The Sims 3 Island Paradise
  • Owl Coffee Cup

I've been really getting back into reading and I decided that I wanted to start reading the Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson again. I only have the first 9 books in the series, so I'm pretty far behind.. I think it's up to 13 now? I've only read the first book and now recently I've started up the second one. I have to say that once you  start any of these books, you won't be able to put them down! (The only reason I did in the first place was because I kept getting new books ha ha.. Book worm problems..) The series is focused around an SFPD Lieutenant named Lindsay Boxer and her 3 friends, Claire, the SF medical examiner, Jill, the SF Assistant District Attorney and Cindy, a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle. Together they help Lindsay solve tough crimes and catch killers. It's really interesting and I love that the series is set in San Francisco. (born and raised in the Bay Area, it's like a slice of home as cheesy as that may sound ha ha!) I definitely recommend not only this series but anything by James Patterson!


I recently started playing The Sims 3 again, it seems like I will really get into it for a while and then drop it for more than a year at a time... Somehow, I always come back though.. I picked up the Island Paradise expansion pack a few days ago and I'm really excited to see what it's all about! (so far I've been building and customizing my sims house, which to me is one of the most time consuming but most fun parts of the game.) I don't know anyone who has played The Sims that isn't addicted to it! I've spent many shameless hours playing in the past, and I think I'll be heading back to it after this post! (Nerd problems...)


Nothing much to say about this, it's a coffee cup and it's got cute owls all over it and I LOVE drinking my coffee out of it! My hubby saw it when we were at Marshall's I think? I didn't see it and wouldn't have if he hadn't pointed it out.. Now I have a new favourite coffee cup and it will probably stay that way until I'm either over owls (which let's face facts here, I really don't see that happening EVER) or until I find an even better cup! (I believe I got this cup for $4.99?)

Favourite Shoes & Accessories:

I've been into wearing dangling type earrings recently.. I have quite a few, but I've never really cared to wear them...
Shoes are from Old Navy, I love this cute pop of leopard print!

Favourite Beauty Products:



I am LOVING this colour! It's called China Girl by Pure Ice and it's a seriously gorgeous bright coral pink. This polish is very metallic looking and it just makes the colour POP on your nails! $1.97 at Walmart, you can't go wrong. As soon as this colour caught my eye I knew I HAD to have it! I feel like this is going to be a spring and summer favourite.


I got this Herbal Essences Naked Shampoo and Conditioner free in a recent Bzz Agent Campaign (you can read about that here.) and I have been loving it! It makes my scalp feel so clean and my hair feels so silky and soft! My hair still feels soft days after I've washed it. The scent is refreshing and it's very light.. These products do nothing to give my hair volume and body, but that's a tough job for any product I use, because I have pretty fine hair...  


I posted a small haul that I bought from the Coastal Scents website (which can be read here.) and this was one of the brushes I purchased. I just love how well this brush blends and buffs in my foundation! I also use it to blend out my blush and I have no complaints! The bristles are so dense and fluffy and they feel so soft, I like that the handle is thick but on the shorter side, it makes the brush feel really sturdy in my hand. I have yet to experience any shedding or fallout from this brush. Definitely my new favourite!

Favourite Makeup:



Some oldies mixed with some newbies, and I'm loving all of them! I recently rediscovered my ELF brow kit in Ash, and I love how natural it makes my brows look while also making them more filled in. It lasts all day and is super affordable and it's perfect for anyone who wants to make their brows look fuller, without being really structured. I always find myself raving about Wet N Wild, and what else can I say? They make amazing products that are also really affordable! I'm loving the Petal Pusher palette for spring, I've been using the lighter purples, because dark colours don't feel very spring like to me and because they also intimidate me.... Which is why I'm loving the Love Letters palette from Essence! They are all bright pastel colours which scream spring time to me and they give you a subtle pop of colour. They last all day without creasing or fading and I haven't experienced any kind of fall out. Last but not least is that GORGEOUS bright pink lipstick from NYC in the shade Snowcone. I love the slight pop of bright frosty pink it gives my lips and for $2.50 (I believe?) I couldn't pass that up! It's a very pigmented and butter-y lipstick and I've also found it has a pretty good staying power.

That concludes my favourites for the month of April!
What were some things you were loving in April?

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment