Tuesday 20 May 2014

AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!!

Consider this my first product review... I wanted to bring to everyone's attention a product that in my opinion should be avoided like the plague! I bought a tube of Olay Regenerist Intensive Repair cream a little while ago and it was on clearance, (I paid $8 for it when it's originally in the upwards of $20-30?) so I thought I would go ahead and get it, because I'm always looking for something new and better to try out. I put a VERY SMALL amount on my face and went about my business. (The product says to put it on your "problem" areas, so I put a dab on my forehead and some under my eyes.) I looked into the mirror, I want to say maybe 15 minutes later and my face was BRIGHT red! It wasn't painful or swollen or anything like that which is why I was taken aback. I immediately washed my face and patted it dry.. but the redness lasted around an hour and a half before it completely dissipated and my face looked normal again. This was the first and LAST time I will ever use that cream, and from what I've been reading online, this isn't a rare occurrence! (I've read that some of their other creams were recalled.. How I wish I would have looked that up before putting this on my face!) Obviously most all skin products say that there could be a chance of irritation and if so to discontinue use, however I have NEVER had any type of reaction to ANY product I've ever put on my face before and I have fairly sensitive skin, so I didn't think too much about it. I own and love their BB Cream and it's never affected my face in any way, so again the thought of a reaction never occurred to me. I have to say that I'm thankful that it only caused redness on my skin, and nothing more severe, because I have existing allergies and there's always the possibility of having a worse reaction. If your skin is sensitive in the slightest, or you also have pre-existing allergies definitely steer clear of this! I think everyone in general should just avoid this product, there are a ton of better alternatives that are also at a more affordable price point that won't leave you with any scary side effects! (I suppose this goes without saying since I only used it the one time and washed it off after only 15 minutes, but I also didn't see any type of improvement in my skin. Even if I had, I still wouldn't put that cream on my face ever again!)








That's all for now!
I know these aren't the most glamorous photos, but hopefully this helped someone!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment