Monday 3 March 2014

Mini Favourites Of The Month (February 2014)

I didn't seem to have many favourites for the month of February... I am a creature of habit, so doing these sorts of posts every month could prove difficult for me, which is why I don't commit myself to doing them every single month. I don't want anyone to get bored of hearing about the same products over and over. I contemplated even doing this post, which is why it's later than I usually post my favourites, because I still wanted to share the few favourites I had. Some are from previous months, but there are a few new items. There's not going to be a list this time around as per my usual posts, and most of my favourites for February are beauty/make up related.. 

Let's get to it shall we?

First, the non beauty related items:
  • Pretty Little Liars Book Series
  • Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core 
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

I'm OBSESSED with Pretty Little Liars! (Aria and Hannah are my favs!) I didn't know the TV series was based off of books when I first started watching, but when I found out about them I just HAD to get my hands on the entire series! Unfortunately, I didn't end up buying any of the books.. Thanks to my AMAZING hubby, I now own the first 4 books and I can't wait to start collecting the rest! The books are somewhat different from the show, but if you're a fan of the TV series I definitely suggest checking out the books, I'm currently on the second book and I had a very hard time putting the first book down!



I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and it will always hold a special place in my nerdy gamer heart! (Final Fantasy was the first RPG game I ever played and I don't think I will ever not love it!) I originally bought my PSP for the sole purpose of getting Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core when it was finally going to be released. This was a highly anticipated game for me for a long while, because it's the prequel to Final Fantasy VII (not my all time favourite, but a pretty close second)  Let me just say EPIC! I'm replaying it right now and I love it just as much as when it first came out and it definitely makes me want to replay VII again for the umpteenth time! The characters, story, graphics, video sequences, even the side quests, everything was done so beautifully, I even like the battle mode! The only complaint I would have is the camera can sometimes be a bother, you can't always rotate the camera all the way around if there's a wall or something similar in the way... Although the missions can get quite repetitive, they do offer a good way to level up and get rare items to help you progress through the main story.

I wasn't a fan of Kingdom Hearts when it first came out, I didn't think Disney could do Final Fantasy justice and it would be an unusual mix that I probably wouldn't like... Oh how wrong I was! The over all story line is great, albeit a little cheesy at times, but overall it sends a wonderful message about friendship, believing in yourself, loving and never giving up on the people in your life, and of course that good always triumphs over evil. The graphics are quite stunning in this remastered HD version and I love the Disney inspiration in the animation and character designs. It truly is different from any RPG I've ever played. I like most aspects of the battle style and over all I love the layout and game play, my complaint as with FF VII Crisis Core is the camera! It really infuriates me sometimes, but I love the game too much to give it up over the camera settings.

Favourite Accessories:


Pretty self explanatory, I got the studs from Sirens, the chain necklace from Forever 21 and the I love you necklace was a gift from my hubby, it came from Peoples Jewellers. 

Beauty Favourites:


This Organix Coconut Oil Mist was in my last favourites, and I love this Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter, it really hydrates my lips and makes them super soft!



  • Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Lady Luck (A gorgeous Fuchsia chunky glitter polish) 
  • NYC In A New York Minute in Moma (A glossy Fuchsia pink)
  • ELF in Dazzle Diva (This polish is a stunning metallic blue/green colour with shimmer)

Makeup Favourites:


  • Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
  • Victoria's Secret Epic Lash Mascara in Blacktastic
  • Essence Gel Liner in Midnight In Paris
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Millions Mascara in Blackest Black
  • POP Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin' Hot
  • Victoria's Secret Ultimate Look Eye Shadow Trio in Secret Weapon
  • The Body Shop All In One Cheek Colour in Guava
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser


The Victoria's Secret Mascara, L'Oreal Mascara and Maybelline Baby Skin were mentioned in my last favourites post, which you can read here and the POP Beauty Eyeshadows were in my Glam Bag favourites post that can be found here.
I recently ran out of my ELF eyebrow and eyelash gloss, so I decided to go with a classic that I'm sure everyone but me has used at some point in time. This is a classic for a reason, it works marvellously! It costs a little more than the ELF version, but you get a lot more product so I'm happy with it. Plus I can't readily get ELF products where I live, I have to order them on-line and then pay for international shipping which isn't worth it for a single product...


I may have already talked about the Essence Gel Liner, but it hasn't been in a favourites post yet, so I thought I would just talk about it again here. This gel liner is water proof, so it doesn't flake or smudge off and it lasts all day long. These little pots come in a variety of different colours and I believe they are only $3.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. This colour is a very classic dark black, which is the kind I prefer. You get a ton of product for the size of the pot it comes in and a little goes a long way. It doesn't come with a brush, so if you don't have one I'd suggest either a small angled eye liner brush or a small flat eye liner brush (I use a flat one, I like it better than the angled ones.)


As I said before, I picked up the Victoria's Secret Eyeshadow on a whim, and I'm glad I did because these shadows are gorgeous! They are pigmented, soft and silky, they blend very well and they last all day. The colour combination is prefect, which I have to admit I never thought about wearing olive green eye shadow.


I briefly mentioned The Body Shop's All In One Cheek Colour when I did my Body Shop Haul. This blush is a gorgeous bright pink, there is some shimmer in it but it's hardly noticeable and you only need to apply a small amount to get the desired effect. This blush lasts much longer for me than any of the other blushes I own. It's so smooth, easily build able, it blends very well, and it has natural ingredients in it like vitamin E and marula oil. The only down side is the price, but when they're on sale I feel it's very much worth it! 


I bought 3 BH Cosmetics palettes a while ago, and they ended up being a bought it and forgot it type of situation... Until I was getting ready to go back home and I was deciding on what make up I should carry with me. I have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th edition 120 color palettes and I think the 5th is my favourite because of the colour selection. I definitely recommend these palettes if you are new to make up or starting out as a make up artist. You get quite a bit of product in each little pan, I've worn quite a few of these colours multiple times and have barely made a dent in them. BH has sales quite often, I got my palettes when they were on sale and they are also quite affordable even at regular price. I love that these shadows aren't chalky or gritty, the formula is very nice and these shadows are incredibly pigmented. They blend like a dream, there is zero fall out, they don't crease and there are endless colour combinations with 120 colours! This Warm and Natural palette is perfect for day and night looks, it works with all skin tones and there are both matte and shimmer shadows to choose from.




That's all for my February Favourites!
Until next time lovelies!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment