Tuesday 25 February 2014

My Glam Bag Favourites!

It's hard to believe it's been another three months already! Time is really flying by (I guess being busy all the time will do that to you!) I'll be featuring some of my favourite products I received from my November, December and January Glam Bags! If you haven't already joined Ipsy and would like to, check it out here


On to the items!



November

  • Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
  • Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn
  • Starlooks Gem Pencil in Topaz
  • Nailtini Nailpolish in Champagne
I don't normally wear bronzer, because of my fair skin, (The ones I've tried either make me look muddy or completely orange..) but I have been loving this Pixi, bronzer because it's so light and works perfectly with my complexion! It lasts all day, it's very silky and goes on very smoothly while giving my face a natural looking warm sun kissed glow. I would definitely recommend this is you have very fair skin like I do, and also if you like a shimmery bronzer. If you have oily or acne prone skin, this may not be for you. (The full sized product goes for about $18 USD at Target)

I have to say that I'm a little intimidated by red lips, as glamorous and chic as they are, I feel like I couldn't pull it off very well... This lip crayon however, gives me the gorgeous red lip without being too over powering and it looks lovely! I'm a fan of lip crayons, they tend to be more on the moisturizing side as opposed to some lipsticks and this one leaves sort of a stain which gives it a longer staying power. The color is so vibrant and rich, I don't even wear a gloss on top! (This lip crayon is $14 USD on their website)

I've said before that I am a fan of Starlooks, their products have yet to fail me! I love this gem pencil liner, it's been prefect for the winter, but I feel like I could wear this anytime! It's a gorgeous metallic silver blue colour, and the texture is so creamy and smooth it makes application effortless! I wore this in my water line for a pop of colour and it lasted all night! I have yet to come across a bad product from this brand, I hope to get some more Starlooks items in future bags! (The pencil comes in 6 colours and is $14 USD from Starlooks)

I love getting nail polish in my bags, especially colours that I don't already own, or wouldn't necessarily think of buying for myself. This Nailtini polish is a lovely golden champagne colour that made a perfect addition to any holiday look! The formula is great, although this colour is a little on the sheer side, so I usually use about three coats to get the desired effect. It applies very nicely and lasts any where from four days to a week. (These polishes run for $13 USD on the Tini Beauty website)

On the top left is the Starlooks pencil, next is the Pixi bronzer and on the bottom is the Be A Bombshell lip pencil.

December

  • Nicka K Nailpolish in Classic Taupe
  • J. Cat The Big Lip Pencil Lip Crayon in Caramel Mocha
  • POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin' Hot
Another nail polish, no surprise there! I've never heard of Nicka K, but I was excited to try this out none the less! I think this polish is another great colour for the holidays and also a nice neutral colour to have in general. The formula is pretty nice as well, this polish only needed two coats to get a rich taupe almost mauve look. I'd say it looks more dark brown in the bottle but when I actually wear it, it's a much lighter taupe colour... This polish lasted for about 4 days without a top coat. (This polish comes in a variety of different colours and finishes and goes for about $4.99 USD on their website)

I have to say that J.Cat hasn't been a very exciting or note worthy brand for me. I've mostly gotten false lashes from this brand and I don't ever wear them.. That being said, I really like this lip crayon! It's a nude colour instead of being more brown for me, because my lips are on the darker side. I like to pair this with a gloss, just to amp up my natural lips, it's hydrating and I don't need to use a lip balm before using it. This is prefect to wear when I sport a more dramatic or darker eye look... The only down fall to this, is that it's not a retractable pencil, so it will eventually need to be sharpened.. (J.Cat is selling this pencil for $3.99 USD and comes in 12 different colours)

POP Beauty is definitely becoming another favourite brand for me! I have 2 other items from them (which are lip products) and I was really excited to have gotten an eyeshadow trio from this brand! I love eyeshadow, I'd say it's my favourite make up product and I feel like I can never have enough! I love the packaging and these colours are gorgeous! These are prefect for a smouldering smokey eye and they make my blue eyes pop! It looks like this was only three colours from the full sized Bright Up Your Life Smokin' Hot palette, and I think they chose great complimentary colours for their sample palette.. I definitely would love to have the full sized palette (which is selling for £15.50 on POP Beauty) Unfortunately, this palette is out of stock... *sad face* I wore these shadows with my I heart stage eye primer from Essence and they lasted 12+ hours without flaking, smudging, smearing, or fading out! These are very shimmery/glittery, so if that's not your cup of tea, these may not be for you.

Far left is the J.Cat lip pencil and the other three are the POP Beauty shadows.

January

  • Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner
  • Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil in Penny
I have a love/hate relationship with this Mica Beauty tinted balm... I feel like it's more of a lip stick, rather than a blam. It's pretty drying on my lips which is the thing I dislike about this product, however, I love the colour! It's stunning and wonderful and that is why it was one of my favourites. It lasts for a fairly long time, but I have to apply a lip balm before it put it on and then on top of it every so often... I'm conflicted, because it's such a rich and vibrant colour but I can't stand how dry it feels. Is this a beauty is pain kind of feeling? ha ha maybe not, but I'll continue to wear this even if it gets a little on the dry side because it looks so nice... I wouldn't consider buying the full sized product, however, because it's $30 USD.... I couldn't justify that especially for a product that while I do like it, I don't absolutely love and have to have it. (If you want to try it for yourself, you can find it here)

Sexy Hair does it again! I love this soy tri-wheat leave in conditioner, it smells like tangerines to me and it leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth and it looks so shiny. I haven't put it's detangling promise to the test because I never brush my hair while it's wet, over all I really like this product and it keeps my hair feeling soft up to my next wash. This is perfect for anyone with dry hair and frizz, also if you have fine hair like mine that gets really tangled.. (It's currently on sale for $9.99 USD at Ulta, unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.. *extremely sad face* You can find Sexy Hair products at Target and sometimes Winners...)

Last is this gorgeous Shadow pencil from Elizabeth Mott. I used it as sort of an eye liner on top of my cat eye and in my waterline for a shimmery pop of gold. I paired it with my Be A Bombshell lip crayon for a glamorous old Hollywood kind of feel. This colour is very rich and vibrant, and it stays on all night. (They claim it's a waterproof pencil) This also is not a retractable pencil, so it'll eventually need to be sharpened.. (boo) I feel like this could also be used as a base colour, but the pencil is rather small, so I'll stick to using it for a subtle pop of colour. (This pencil comes in three colours and costs $14.99 USD from Elizabeth Mott)

Left is the pencil and right is the tinted lip balm.

That's all for this round of Glam Bag Favourites!
What are some of your favs from past bags?
Until next time lovelies!

xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment