Friday 21 March 2014

Burt's Bees!

I've only tried a few lip balms from Burt's Bees, mostly because I find their products to be a little on the expensive side. Especially when there are other brands that sell similar products for a better price... (however they usually aren't natural like Burt's products, but price point right now is more important to me than the ingredients... Don't get me wrong, if I can get something organic or natural or chemical free or what have you at a decent price then of course I'll go for that option.) I came across this Welcome Back box from Burt's Bees on Facebook, unfortunately this box is not available on their US site, it's only available on their Canadian site.. For $36 (shipping included in that price) I got a box with 7 full sized products and 4 samples which they say is worth about $75 I felt like that was a great deal and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try some new products! I like the fact that these products are made mainly with natural ingredients, and their packaging is made from recycled materials. (I'll post links to each product in case you wanted to try anything..) I loved the box these items came in and I think I'll be keeping it and using it to store other things later!



The FULL SIZED  products I received were:
  • Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion for normal to dry skin
  • Güd from Burt's Bees Natural Body Lotion in Floral Cherrynova
  • Naturally Nourishing Milk and Shea Butter Body Wash
  • Tinted Lip Balm in Rose
  • Lip Gloss in Ruby Moon
  • Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm with Kokum Butter
  • Cranberry and Pomegranate Replenishing Body Bar
The SAMPLES I received:
  • 2 Brightening Dark Spot Corrector Face Cream with Daisy Extract 
  • Daily Moisturizing Cream for sensitive skin with Cotton Extract 
  • Intense Hydration Night Cream with Clary Sage



I have yet to try the sample creams, and the body bar. I'll have to try out the face creams and maybe review them at a later time... I don't know if I'll get around to using the body bar, mostly because I use body wash instead of bar soaps.. I do like cranberry and pomegranate so who knows? It may or may not end up in another post...

Burt's Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Replenishing Body Bar 5 oz


I have to say that when I first opened this to smell it, I didn't much care for the scent.. After applying it and letting it settle into my skin I actually like how it smells... It's a very light and sweet scent that lingers long after I applied it. It definitely does what it says: it's not greasy, absorbs quickly and it leaves my skin feeling very soft. I feel like I'll be getting good use out of this in the Summer, because it's very hydrating but its also very lightweight. The package says it's 99.0% natural and it is naturally scented, which I like because I don't like harsh perfumes in my lotion they tend to dry out my already dry skin...

Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion, 12 Fluid Ounces


I really love the scent of this lotion, it's a delicious combination of Cherry Blossom and Almond Milk. I found it does get a little over powering for me personally and I had to wash it off.. (I think I used too much... A little definitely goes a long way!) The scent still lingers long after I washed it off, but it wasn't as over bearing.. I'll have to think of a different way to apply it, perhaps on my legs this summer? It absorbs quickly, also isn't greasy and has no parabens, phthalates, or petrochemicals. It is hydrating and left my skin feeling soft, I wish I weren't so sensitive to stronger scents.. (boo) (PS How cute is that packaging??) 

Gud Floral Cherrynova Natural Body Lotion, 8 Fluid Ounces


This body wash smells delicious! It's a very light subtle scent combination of Milk and Shea Butter and I found that the scent lingers slightly in the washroom after I took a shower, but it didn't seem to last on my skin... I was worried at first how well this product would lather, being made of 98.5% natural ingredients and this body wash is very liquid-y/runny, I didn't think it would lather up hardly at all... I was surprised at how well it did! I was VERY skeptical about the claim that this body wash will leave your skin feeling "soft and supple from head to toe" but after I got out of the shower my skin immediately felt so soft! I think I'll be replacing my current body wash with this one for a while.. 

Burt's Bees Milk and Shea Butter Body Wash, 12 oz


This came in a rather interesting packaging. The tinted lip balm was in a sort of card board like tube. I love that this balm is just that! It makes my lips feel really soft and silky smooth. It's very hydrating, and it gives my lips a very slight hint of colour.. I feel if my lips were a lighter shade I would get more colour pay off from this, but I like that the colour isn't too much so I could wear it on a regular basis and not feel like I'm wearing a lipstick or something similar. The colour also doesn't seem to transfer off when I wiped my lips or kissed my hubby, which we both liked ha ha! I didn't notice much of a scent either.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Rose -- 0.15 oz


This lip gloss is GORGEOUS and I just love the tube it comes in! It's a super rich, very pigmented, shimmer-y cranberry/raspberry sort of colour. It applies so smoothly and gives your lips a slight stain. It's not sticky, but feels a little on the dry side so I would recommend using a lip balm before hand. It has an unusual scent that I can't quite figure out, however I don't think that the scent alone would sway me enough to not use it..

Burt's Bees Lip Gloss, Ruby Moon, 0.2 Fluid Ounces



I LOVE the lip balms from Burt's! This balm is definitely ultra conditioning and leaves my lips feeling really hydrated and soft. It has a light almost citrus scent to me, which I found quite refreshing. This balm is hypo allergenic and made with a combination of  Kokum, Shea, and Cocoa Butters which are all great for hydrating and moisturizing the skin. It's so creamy and literally feels like butter on your lips (in a good way!) I think this one may be my favourite lip balm yet!

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm with Kokum Butter, 1 Count


On the left is the tinted lip balm and on the right is the lipgloss



All in all I would say that these products were definitely worth buying!
I'm always interested in trying new and different products!

That's all for now lovelies!
Do you like/use Burt's Bees Products?

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment