Monday 31 March 2014

Favourites Of The Month! (Part One [March 2014])

Another month almost gone, and another favourites post to write! 

Here's part one of the list:
  • Song
  • TV Show
  • Food
  • Makeup
  • Perfume
  • Body 
  • Hair
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes

Song/Music:

This month I've been looking into new (to me) bands and just new music in general to listen to and I've really been loving a band called The Letter Black. They're a Christian Rock band and if you're into Rock music, I definitely recommend checking them out!



TV Show:

I haven't been watching regular television much lately, but I have been watching crazy amounts of Netflix! I have been re watching Breaking Bad this month.. I have yet to come across a person who doesn't like the show! I didn't believe all the hype that was first built up around it, and when I found out what the show was about it didn't interest me at all.. I finally decided to give it a go maybe last year? When I started watching, I was instantly hooked from the very beginning! Another show I have been mildly OBSESSED with is Gossip Girl.. This was another show that didn't catch my interest at all while it was on television and I have to say, I can't believe I waited so long to actually watch this show! I have been binge watching it since last month, and I just can't get enough! (I am all Team Chuck and Blair) 





Food:

My favourite food this month has been eggs and English muffins. Nothing fancy there, it's been my go to for breakfast this month.

Makeup:

I only have a couple makeup favourites this month, and I've decided that I should try and start using different products to change things up a bit? Like I've said before, I'm a creature of habit so when I find something I like that works for me I stick to it.

My favourites this month were:

  • Maybelline The Rocket Mascara in Brownish Black
  • Wet N Wild Eye Shadow Single in Brulee 
  • Wet N Wild Eye Shadow Trio in Sweet As Candy
  • Essence 3D Eyeshadow Duo in Irresistible Caramel Cream
Neutral eye shadows, nothing new there! I've been a fan of Wet N Wild and Essence for a while now and I just LOVE how affordable their products are! Not only that, but the quality is excellent! Every shadow I've tried has always been super pigmented, they last all day, there's no creasing or fallout and they blend very well! These shadows with the exception of Brulee, all have some shimmer in them, SO if you're not into that they also have some matte options!

I'd say Maybelline is a favourite brand of mine and has been since I first started wearing makeup. I picked up the Rocket Mascara when it first came out, but it was in Blackest Black and it was also the waterproof version. I love that one, but I picked up a softer colour and in the regular formula because I've been more into non waterproof mascara more recently. I like wearing a black brown coloured mascara when I'm doing very minimal/natural looking makeup, I'll just put on some BB cream and mascara and I'm set. I like that it opens your eyes up and makes you look more awake but it also gives your eyelashes some volume and length while still looking natural.

O.O Sorry for the super paleness that is my arm haha (I'm pigment challenged I guess! I couldn't tan to save my life! Pale People Problems...) Anyway, the top 2 colours are from the Essence Eyeshadow Duo and the rest are Wet N Wild.
Perfume:

I have been using my Warm Vanilla Sugar body spray quite a lot, it's been my go to scent, but when I want to change it up I've been switching between two other scents: Beautiful Day and Amber Blush. Beautiful Day is a very light fruity with hints of floral kind of scent. It's a combination of Apple, Pear, Daises, and Peonies. I love this scent for Spring and I'll most likely be getting good use out of it this Summer. Amber Blush is sort of the opposite, it's a very deep rich berry/fruity sort of scent. It has a combination of different fruits and with a few floral notes. I feel this was more of a Fall/Winter scent (which is when I picked both of these scents up) however I've never been the kind to designate a fragrance to a certain time of the year.. If I like it, I'll wear it regardless of the season!


Body:

I have been LOVING Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Lotion and their Shea Butter Body Wash. I have been using them together and I've really noticed that my skin is a lot softer and much more hydrated! If you want to read more about them you can in my post about Burt's Bees here

Hair:

I've been using this shampoo and conditioner from Paul Mitchell since January and I really wish I bought the full sized version instead of the travel size while I was back home, but my suitcase was already super full and I honestly had zero room left... I have a dry scalp and all around dry hair, so my stylist used the Tea Tree Special Shampoo and Conditioner on my hair and it was AMAZING from the first use! It made my scalp feel nice and cool and my hair was so shiny and silky soft! They didn't have the Tea Tree Special Shampoo in the travel size so they gave me a Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo from their Tea Tree line. I like how they smell together, but I wouldn't say the shampoo gives me any kind of volume. They do make my scalp feel really clean and refreshed though, which is a big reason as to why I like them.

Nailpolish:

I've been really into bright Spring type colours recently (in hoping that Spring will finally get here!) I recently picked up a Sinful Colors Nailpolish from Target (I had NO idea they sold Sinful Colors! I had to crouch down and look at the very bottom to find them!) It's a GORGEOUS Berry Pink colour and as soon as I put it on my nails it became an instant favourite! The other two nailpolishes I've had for a while now, but never thought to pair them together until recently. I used Essence Color and Go polish in Hello Marshmallow (a very pretty lavender colour) and I put Sally Hansen's Diamond Nails polish in Pulled Sugar (a very pale almost white pearlescent pink glitter) on top of that and I got an almost metallic shimmery looking lavender. I'm currently wearing this combination and loving it!


Shoes:

Since the snow has been letting up recently, I decided to put the UGGs aside and break out some cuter shoes! I'm still wearing boots, because they are more practical in this weather, but they are super cute slouchy booties that I got from Walmart a couple years back for like $15! 



That does it for part one lovelies!
Stay tuned for part two!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment