Sunday 7 September 2014

Fan Expo Canada!

Last Saturday my hubby and I went to the Fan Expo Convention that is held here every year at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Downtown Toronto. I've wanted to go for a while but for one reason or another we've never been able to go, so we finally decided that we were going to go no matter what this year! The convention this year was 4 days long, unfortunately, my hubby and I were only available to go for one day and that was Saturday.. Next year we plan to go for at least two days if possible. If you're not familiar with Fan Expo, or conventions in general, this is a big show that hosts a number of different genres under one roof! There was a variety of awesome stuff to see: from sci-fi, horror, anime, video games and all kinds of other nerdy things in between! I was in heaven! 













There were over 900 vendors selling various goodies like plushies, action figures, statues, video games, and tee-shirts and hats. Of course I wanted to buy EVERYTHING! Ha ha! I really had to stop myself from buying all the cool collectibles, because some were quite pricey.









 There were also a good mix of different celebrities you could meet! Again, I had to choose only one, because the meet ups and autographs were really expensive.. Le sigh... I chose to meet my all time favourite WWE Diva Trish Stratus! If you didn't know this about me already, I'm a huge wrestling fan! I grew up watching wrestling with my dad and even though I'm not into it much these days, wrestling will always hold a special place in my heart. It is after all the reason I met my husband! (That might be left for another post though haha) I had such a blast, and I'm so glad I finally got to meet Trish! She's such a lovely and sweet person! Oh and totally GORGEOUS! (but I think that goes without saying haha) I went for a photo op with Trish and Amy Dumas (or Lita) later in the day and my hubby and I are still really surprised that Trish remembered us! It was really cool that she still remember who we were and our names even after meeting tons of other people that day. I wish I could have chatted with both of them, since I only met with Trish, Amy really seemed nice but we didn't get to talk. Perhaps the next time they come back? 







Aside from the celebrities, there were also a ton of cosplayers! Some of them were really impressive, maybe one day I'll venture out and try cosplaying! Any way, the show was really amazing and I can't wait to go back next year, even if it was really packed and the lines were long it was so worth it!









That's all for now lovelies!
If you're in Toronto, did you visit Fan Expo? If so what was your favourite part?
If not, or if you live elsewhere, is there a similar convention that you've been to?

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like sooo much fun!!! I love going to cons, they're a lot of fun and full of amazing things! I love the sailor moon and grumpy cat plushies! :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first con and I can officially say that now I'm addicted hahaha! I bought the Sailor Moon Plush, but sadly not the Grumpy Cat (even though I REAAAAAALLLLLLY want one!) maybe someday :D

      Delete