Tuesday 23 September 2014

Happy First Day Of Fall! (My Fall Décor!)

The beginning of fall marks the beginning of my favourite time of the year! I love absolutely everything fall has to offer along with the anticipation it brings of winter and Christmas being just around the corner!  I love the crisp mornings, the vibrant colours of the leaves as they cascade gracefully to the ground, the crunchy sound they make as you walk along the rain kissed side walk in the cool afternoons, the sound of the rain gently trickling down, the aroma of fresh brewed coffee on cold mornings, pumpkin flavoured EVERYTHING, comfy sweaters and boots and of course Halloween and scary movies! What isn't there to love about this season?!

I have to admit that besides Halloween and Christmas, I was never the decorating type of girl. I always envied those beautiful photos in the magazines of lovely living rooms perfectly decorated for the seasons and holidays, but I never really had an interest in ACTUALLY doing it myself, until now... Perhaps with the wisdom we gain as we get older, also comes the desire to obsessively browse pinterest for the newest decorating idea and to then stalk every Michaels and Walmart in every city in about a 100 mile radius around you for the just right thing to add to your "display"... No? Is that just me?? ha ha probably.. All I know is I'm officially hooked on the whole home décor train and Martha Stewart is pretty much my new best friend... Okay, maybe I'm not THAT obsessed.. yet.. 
(I purchased my items from Michael's and Walmart..) I'm also very proud to say that my hubby who could care less about anything that has to do with the craft store, helped me pick out a couple things! He picked out a bunch of leaves that I put into a small vase, and he also found a leaf garland that I placed around our desk.

Here's what I came up with:

Our Desk, I'm not sure what I'm going to do after we get our new desktop computer though haha!


My FAVOURITE Candle right now! 












I also added a little fall flair to my bookshelf... I left the blue owls and the vase, because they were already there and I didn't have any place else to put them.. 








Everything is so glittery, I wish my camera could pick up how beautiful these decorations really are!


That's all for now lovelies!
Did you catch the decorating bug too?

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good! I'm not much into decorating but I think later on I may be. My family had only ever decorated for Christmas and that's it so that's probably why I've never decorated for any other holiday lol

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was never into decorating really either, but all of a sudden it's like I was bitten by a bug and now I'm hooked! My family only really decorated for Christmas as well, but my hubby and I started decorating for Halloween a few years back and we love it.

      Delete