Wednesday 4 June 2014

Favourites Of The Month! (Part One [May 2014])

I can't believe it's finally June! For me the month of May seemed to drag out, but I think that's because I'm so stoked for the Summer! I've got a few fun activities planned, so I definitely can't wait to get things in gear!
Let's jump into my favourites for the month of May!

As usual here's part one of the list:

  • Songs
  • TV Show
  • Food/Snack
  • Makeup
  • Perfume
  • Body 
  • Hair
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes

Songs:
I haven't been listening to any particular songs in May, but I have been listening to a few bands more so than others:

  • Red
  • Chevelle
  • Egypt Central
  • Skillet

TV Show:
I don't really watch much regular television any more.. If I watch TV, it's usually a DVD or something from Netflix. During May I've been re-watching Roseanne on DVD. I grew up watching this show and I always liked it, because it's really different from the other sitcoms on TV. Usually you see a wealthy family with a big house and all that jazz, There are some out there twists especially more towards the end of the series, but mostly Roseanne was about an average family (The Conners) and their day to day lives, just trying to raise their children and make ends meet in a blue collar town. They're also funny and dysfunctional but they really love each other and on some level I can totally relate to them. I've probably seen every episode a million times, but it never gets old to me.

Food/Snack:
I've been on a more healthy kick lately, as far as snacks go anyway ha ha! I've been loving raw veggies, I'll have carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and bell peppers as a daily snack. I've also been into apples, oranges and bananas. 

Makeup:

I wanted to venture back into Bronzers especially because its almost summer time, so I decided to try out some of the ones I already have again. I am loving the Essence Sun Club Bronzing Powder for blondes/lighter skin! It's a matt powder, so if you don't like shimmer or have acne prone skin this is for you. I've also been loving the BH Cosmetics Bombshell Bronze bronzer in Starlet. This one does have shimmer in it, which I don't mind at all. Both of these bronzers are the perfect shade for my fair complexion and I don't look muddy or orange. They're super affordable and you get a ton of product. The Essence bronzer smells like coconut, but I haven't noticed any scent when I apply it or while I'm wearing it. The Bombshell Bronze bronzer has no scent. I like that both are build-able and blend amazingly! I feel like both give me a nice sun kissed look. 

I haven't really been exploring much in the way of lip products, I was really into this ELF Lipstick in Classy though. It's a pretty berry colour and it smells like candy! It's smooth and creamy and lasts a decent amount of time before I need to reapply. I like the bright pop of colour this gives me, and I feel like it's a good lip pick all year round. I guess I've been on a berry kick, because my favourite lip gloss for May was also a berry colour. The lipgloss I've been into is by Essence, its the XXXL Shine lipgloss in True love. This also smells like candy ha ha. These lip glosses are awesome, they are so rich and pigmented, they glide on and aren't sticky at all.

I've only used the eyeshadows from the BH Cosmetics San Francisco palette so far, and I love them! They're a mix of dark smokey colours and cooler colours, all of which remind me of the Bay for sure. This palette has a combination of shimmer and matt colours that range from browns to purples to blues and greens. Definitely a great colour palette that compliments my blue eyes.

Last is the Daisy blush duo by BH Cosmetics, I've been using this in place of my Guava blush from The Body Shop and I don't think I like this one better, but it's definitely a close second. It's a lovely almost coral pink colour. I don't use the other colour in this duo, there's no real reason as to why not, I just prefer the pink on it's own. The pink side has no shimmer, and it's a cheerful pop of pink that compliments my bronzer and it blends effortlessly. It wears all day without any fading, not to mention how affordable it is which is definitely a plus! 



Bronzers and blush

Lipstick and lip gloss

Eyeshadows

Perfume:
When it comes to the warmer months I'm definitely into the more fruity scents. I've talked about these before, they are two of my favourite summer time scents. Sweet and Flirty from the Pink line I feel has more of a floral kick to it than Pure Seduction, but the floral and fruity combine so nicely and give off a really light and yummy smell.

Body:
I hauled the pomegranate cleanser and toner in my last post, but I've been using them for about 2 weeks now and I am definitely loving them! They make my skin feel so soft and so clean! I was amazed the first time I used the toner and saw dirt on the cotton round after I was done using it, I always thought that my makeup wipes got everything off but I was wrong. My skin is looking much nicer these days ha ha! Since it's just about time for summer, I needed to break out the sunscreen again! (I usually use a moisturizer with SPF in it during the other seasons.) My favourite body sunscreen is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen in SPF 30, what I love about this sunscreen besides the protection aspects, is the scent! It smells so tropical and lovely, not like sunscreen at all and it not only keeps my skin feeling super soft and hydrated but the scent lasts all day too! I wanted a separate sunscreen for my face, because I really don't like using the regular ones... They tend to feel really greasy.. Also I wanted something with more SPF since the skin on the face is more delicate than the rest of the body. I picked up this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen with SPF 45. It has a subtle scent, it's very light weight, isn't greasy feeling, it also dries quickly and makes my skin feel soft. This sunscreen has UVA/UVB protection, is non-comedogenic, is oil free and is photo stable. I love it so far, but I'm thinking of getting a spray version to apply over makeup because you have to reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours, more if you're sweating, swimming, etc. 

Hair:
These have been my go to products for a good while now, and since the weather is heating up and because we get a LOT of humidity here in Toronto, I need some heavy duty moisture rich hair products to keep my hair from turning into a giant frizz ball! This L'oreal Total Repair 5 Hair Mask is by far the best deep conditioner that I've tried to date! I'll try other conditioners, but I will always come back to this one! This conditioner paired with the Organix Coconut Oil spray really helps to tame the frizz and keeps my hair feeling soft and hydrated. I generally use the oil on my dry hair when it's feeling a little rough, I haven't used it on wet hair yet, so I can't attest to how well it works, because I like to use my Organix Coconut Milk Serum on wet hair.

Nail Polish:
With summer quickly approaching, I have been lusting after super bright and neon colours! I hauled one of these nail polishes in my last post, but I've had it since April. It's called Crazy Love by Pure Ice and is a metallic sort of fuchsia pink. It gives off a really glossy finish and it's super bright! I've really been loving it this month and last. The other one I've been loving is 109 Off to Miami! by Essence. I really like coral in general, but I really feel like it makes for the perfect summer colour! This is definitely a neon type coral and it has more hints of orange than pink. Both of these nail polishes last me nearly a week and they glide on so smoothly, I can also get away with just a single coat if I wanted. 



Shoes:
I've been loving flats and more recently flip flops! Yey for the warmer weather! These grey and black plaid print flats have been my favourites this month.



That's part one of my May favourites!
Stay tuned for part 2!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment