Tuesday 17 June 2014

New Subscription! (Top Box)

I've been looking around for a while, trying to decide which subscription service I should get next and I thought I'd give Top Box a go. I was on the waiting list since March I think? I was pretty excited to try it out, because it looked like they sent out good sized sample items and had a good selection of brands. Another thing that appealed to me was the fact that this is a subscription service made for Canadians! They started up in 2011 and are located here in Toronto, which I was excited about, because some of the other services out there (like Birch Box and Glossy Box just to name a few.. [although Glossy Box had a Canadian service, they don't any longer.]) don't ship to Canada and this is exclusively for Canada. It's unfortunate that there aren't more beauty services and things available for Canadians, I've been here for just over 7 years and I've noticed how many things that we have back in the states are not available up here.. Also makeup is so much more expensive... Anyway I received my first box today and while I love the concept and the packaging, I was less than impressed with the items I was given. I paid $12 CAD plus tax for this subscription, (which you only get 4 samples) and I pay about $14 or so for Ipsy (I usually always get 5 decent sized items) and the difference feels like night and day. Top Box claims to give "deluxe" sample sizes, but I hardly feel a 3 ml sun screen that looks half empty is a deluxe sample. I'm going to give Top Box another month and after that we'll see where I go from there. I am interested in the limited edition boxes they offer, I may buy one of them (they go for about $40 each) and make a post about it at a later date. We'll see...


Here's what I got this month:


  • BH Cosmetics California Palette Eyeshadow Trio 
  • La Roche- Posay SPF 60 Sun Sensitive Skin Cream
  • Benefit Posie Balm tinted lip balm
  • Professional Kinetics Nail Colors in Top of the Wave







That's all for now lovelies!
If you are subscribed to Top Box let me know what you think about it!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment