Monday 14 April 2014

My April Ipsy Glam Bag!

It's Ipsy time again! I was hoping to have this on Friday, since I got my confirmation email on Thursday and I usually receive my bag the next day.. I ended up waiting through the weekend and got it today instead.. My first thought opening the mail was that my bag felt lighter than usual? I didn't think too much about it and then I opened the bag... I have to say that this is the first time I have been disappointed with my glam bag. (and I've been a subscriber for a year next month.) Considering all the other options that were presented as possible items in this month's bag, I feel like they could have done a better job at selecting the products for mine. I like 2 out of the 5 items I got... Also I felt like all the items I got were small sample sizes, and usually we get at least one full sized product every month but I don't think that was the case this time around.. (for me at least... I could be wrong?) I hope that this one fail didn't sway you to step away from Ipsy, because 10 times out of 11 for me have been excellent and I've loved at least 4 out of 5 items if not all 5. Today was the only exception.. Anyway, the theme this month is Beauty Rocks. If you haven't subscribed to Ipsy yet, but want to check it out here.


Here's what I got:




  •  Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant Cream
  • St. Tropez Gradual Tan Anti Ageing Multi Action Face Lotion
  • Mary Kay At Play Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet
  • Elizabeth Mott POP! Goes The Shadow eyeshadow in Champagne

The bag this month is pretty simple, but I like the idea.

I thought the card this month was cute

This I'm still on the fence about, it smells lemon-y and is the same consistency as another product I got in a previous bag, so I kind of feel I didn't need another product that is practically the same but in a smaller amount as another item I already own... 

I don't use tanning lotions and I would never put them on my face because I'm so fair, it would make me look either orange or muddy.. Besides that this stuff smells AWFUL! I'd never let it near my face even if I did tan!

This gloss is TERRIBLE! It's so thick and goop-y and VERY sticky... The colour is very nude which wouldn't usually be a problem for me, but when I tried to put it on my lips it didn't even look like lip gloss. It didn't spread on smoothly at all and left me looking like I had some weird chunky sticky stuff on my lips...

This is the first UD product I've ever owned so I'm really excited to try it out and  see how it holds up vs. my favourite Starlooks liner!

I LOVE this eyeshadow! It's so gorgeous and silky and I can't wait to use it!

Left to right is the lipgloss, the eyeliner, and the eyeshadow


That's all for this month's Glam Bag!
As you can see I'm only happy with the eyeliner and eyeshadow..
Can't win 'em all I guess? 10 out of 11 is still pretty good in my book though!
I'm already looking forward to next month!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment