Friday 26 February 2016

Nerd Block! (Nerdy Gamer Subscription Box)

I wanted to share a different kind of subscription with you guys. I've been subscribed to Nerd Block for almost a year now, and I love it! It's a little more on the expensive side as subscription boxes go, but to me, it's worth every penny! (I believe it's about $20 USD??) It appeals to both my husband and I, so if there's an item that I'm not particularly into, my hubby will like it and vice versa. So what is Nerd Block? It is a nerdy subscription service that offers different kinds of awesome boxes to its customers. I'm subscribed to the Arcade Block, which is a video game themed box. They also have the Classic Block, Horror Block,(A friend of mine is subscribed to that and loves it) Scifi Block, Comic Block, and a Jr Block that you can customize for a boy or girl. Each month you get a box with a tee shirt and 4-5 items specific to the theme of your box. (If you're interested, you can check out Nerd Block HERE.) Unlike my other subscriptions, this one gets shipped on the 25th of every month, so I get it at the end instead of the beginning. The arcade block comes in a box that looks like a classic NES, and I have to say, that seeing that box on my door step each month never gets old! Onto January's goodies! The Games featured for January's box were: Street Fighter, Pokemon, Portal, Metroid, Mario, and Mortal Kombat.
  • Street Fighter V shirt
  • Trainer Beanie
  • Portal Safety First Tin Sign
  • Morphball Stress Reliever
  • Puzzle Cube
  • Mortal Kombat X Scorpion Bobble Head
The shirt this month was Street Fighter V inspired, and came in 2 designs, either Ryu or Ken, and we got Ken. Which is a plus, because my hubby likes Ken more than Ryu. The tee shirts are usually a toss up between my husband and I, but mostly he gets the shirts. I don't wear tee shirts often anyway. I have gotten a couple of really awesome ones in the past though!
The trainer beanie is so cool! And perfect for winter ha! My husband and I are total Pokemon junkies, so it was a win. I stole it though mwahahaha!
The portal sign definitely appeals to the science nerd in me, and its just hilarious. I'll have to find a good place to hang it on the wall.
The morphball made me giggle a little bit, Samus is my favorite Smash Bros, character, and I loved Super Metroid, so I thought the ball was really cute and a clever way of implementing a character into something as simple as a stress ball.
I've never been too much into rubix cubes, but this Super Mario themed one has me changing my mind! Again, a very cleaver way to implement video games into a nerdy object that's been around forever.
This was the coolest item in this box this month, my husband and I are fans of the Mortal Kombat series and Scorpion is his favorite, I'm more of a Sub Zero gal, but this bobble head is really bad ass and a nice addition to our gamer collection.


That's all for today!
I am so excited for February's box, each month you get a teaser card about some of the items that will be featured in the next box, and February is going to have Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog items! 2 of my favorite game series!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment