Thursday 3 March 2016

My New Vanity And Makeup Storage!

I'm really excited to share my new makeup storage with you guys! I have previously shared my set up twice, which you can read HERE and HERE. While I had adequate storage for all my makeup, I didn't have a proper place to put on my makeup or do my hair and all that. (I would usually sit on the floor in front of a full length mirror, or sit on my bed, or I would sit on the couch in front of a window)I've been looking into getting a vanity or dressing table for well over a year now, and I've been smitten with a particular table that I saw online. Turns out, it was from Ikea, so after over a year of lusting and indecisiveness, I caved and bought the table! I am so in love with it! I got the Hemnes Dressing table in white (check it out HERE) and a matching white Ingolf chair (found HERE) from Ikea. It was fairly easy to assemble, my hubby and I built it together, and I built the chair in about 20 minutes the next day. I'm currently in the process of organizing the drawers more, the big drawer has 2 dividers separating the drawer into 3 parts, unfortunately, it doesn't leave my makeup organized enough. I bought a couple of small baskets from the dollar store, and they fit perfectly! I put my eyeshadows into one of the acrylic drawers that I was storing my makeup in previously, and the over flow into another, and put them on top of my table in between the drawers. I also put some of my lipsticks on display in acrylic holders that I got from the dollar store on top of the other acrylic drawers. Eventually, I would like to get an Alex, to put my palettes in (they're currently sitting in a box under my table), and also my hair things, and whatever new makeup I acquire in the future. I'm so happy that I have a place to get ready at, it makes life so much easier, and I'm finding that I'm using more of my makeup now than I had been, because it's all right here in front of me.









That's all lovelies!
Where is your favorite place to get ready?
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment