Sunday 21 June 2015

Niagara Falls Comic Con!

I had the pleasure of going to the gorgeous Niagara Falls a couple of weekends back for their Comic Con convention and it was an amazing and fun experience! While it was smaller than Toronto's Comic Con, there was still so much to see and do! We didn't meet any celebrities at this con either, we just wanted to go for fun and see what it was all about. There were a variety of booths offering all kinds of nerdy goodness! There was a combination of handmade items and art, and also regular items like comic books and figures up for grabs! I found the Niagara prices to be fairly cheaper than Toronto, but you could still easily spend every penny you had if not careful ha ha! There was also a quarter operated retro arcade with classics like Q-Bert, Donkey Kong, Tetris, Space Invaders, The Simpsons and so much more! (unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to take any photos) I loved the seeing all the cosplayers and their unique costumes, it really makes me want to try my hand at it, but I'm still pretty intimidated about it! We got there around 12:30pm, (the event started at 10am) and we left around 5pm. The convention was going until 7pm, but we had already seen and done everything, so we went back to our hotel to hang out until we decided what we wanted for dinner. We decided on TGI Friday's, because there isn't one that I know of in Toronto and it was cheaper than The Outback Steakhouse. (Also something we don't have in Toronto) The food was delicious and quite filling haha! After dinner we didn't really know what we wanted to do, so we decided to go mini golfing because we've done most everything there is to do in Clifton Hill on previous visits. Mini golfing with my husband is always fun, because while we are both extremely competitive, we always just play for fun. No score cards or anything. Plus I always cheat ha ha! We were only able to stay for one night, so we had to kind of pick and choose what we really wanted to do, so on Sunday we decided to go to the Bird Kingdom, because we love birds and I really wanted to go the last time we went to Niagara (if you're interested in those shenanigans check it out here) As always Niagara was so much fun and I can't wait until the next time I get to go back!

































That's all for now lovelies!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment